MT-82 to auto. Rough price?

Kiohtee

Established Member
Looking to ditch the MT-82 in favor of a stalled 6R80. Anyone done this? What did it roughly cost you and who had the best deal on the swap? Thanks in advance.

KPatrone

Established Member
I bought an f150 6r80 for about $400, added the billet intermediate shaft and exedy stage 2 clutch pack ($1100), $1000 to have those put in the Trans, $1200 circle d 3c, harness and shifter were about $400, and about another $1000 misc parts and labor.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
If you're game, I'd be happy to sell you everything I've got from my Auto to Manual Swap in my 11GT. They Auto has 17k miles, never been drag raced, and is mostly a garage queen of a car. I should have the entire transmission, wiring harness and all supporting parts for the swap. I'm still unsure yet on just tuning the current computer in the car for the manual, or swapping in a manual computer and setting it up for my car.

Torchy

Established Member
I bought an f150 6r80 for about $400, added the billet intermediate shaft and exedy stage 2 clutch pack ($1100), $1000 to have those put in the Trans, $1200 circle d 3c, harness and shifter were about $400, and about another $1000 misc parts and labor.

OP this is pretty accurate. I spent about $600 less on the install and about $600 more on the Trans. Mine is rock solid. I will say the F-150 Trans is a touch more work over mustang Trans.

88mmcobra

Established Member
If you're game, I'd be happy to sell you everything I've got from my Auto to Manual Swap in my 11GT. They Auto has 17k miles, never been drag raced, and is mostly a garage queen of a car. I should have the entire transmission, wiring harness and all supporting parts for the swap. I'm still unsure yet on just tuning the current computer in the car for the manual, or swapping in a manual computer and setting it up for my car.

How much you looking for ?

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
How much you looking for ?

I haven't really come to a conclusion on a price yet. I'm not sure what to charge for all of it. I'm open to some ideas. I was going to check out ebay and see if others are selling kits like I'm planning to do as well.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Are you still looking to do this swap? I've got my auto out of the car now, along with all parts needed for the swap.

stang910

Established Member
My swap cost just under $3000 with all stock parts. If I were to do it again I could do it cheaper I'm sure. Today for the same $3000 I could probably put clutches in the trans and get a circle d. This is right in line with Kpatrone's swap since he had $2000 worth of labor and I do all my own work.

Famine

Established Member
My swap cost just under $3000 with all stock parts. If I were to do it again I could do it cheaper I'm sure. Today for the same $3000 I could probably put clutches in the trans and get a circle d. This is right in line with Kpatrone's swap since he had $2000 worth of labor and I do all my own work.
Haha, hell you should head down a state and do mine then lol.

joe12289

Established Member
Hell I'd give up all the Auto parts you need from my daily that only has 17k in exchange for all your Manual trans parts plus a new clutch, Fly and the Labor to do the swap.

Users who are viewing this thread