mt-82 rebuild question.

Krace

Established Member
Well i toasted 4th gear synchro, and im looking into getting it rebuilt. Anyone know where i can get parts for this transmission? I know we can get the trans for 3k new....

i have tried searching a little bit on google, but i did not find what i was looking for.:shrug:

Any help will be grateful. :beer:

agrant

Established Member
I'm also interested in the same thing. Is there anybody out there that makes upgraded synchros and other parts for the mt-82. I'm tired of this same problem reocurring.

str3ck

Established Member
check RevanAutoRacing

i know they rebuild MT-82's stronger then factory. I'm not sure you can get parts, or a rebuild kit from them, but it's worth a phone call.

Last edited:

sean04

Established Member
Last I checked you can't even buy a new one from ford. They've been on back order and have no date on when they will be available

Liberty gear also rebuilds them

Krace

Established Member
Yeah, well if someone can rebuild them then where do they get their parts?
I may have to look into getting it rebuilt by someone else if this is the case. I'm not looking into getting built, just rebuilt and fixed. I may have them add the better fork guides and reinforcing the welds . My problem is shiping stuff like this is a PITA and costly.

Last edited:

SCalla1384

Established Member
^ they probably make the parts themselves. I'm sure eventually, someone will produce a rebuild kit for them. Hopefully anyways.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
oh look, another "time to rebuild my MT82" thread.

troll-face.png

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
Ive heard of guys cryo'ing parts. I like the way mine shifts so if anything happens, Im looking to rebuild rather than do the t-56 or auto swap. Wasn't a fan of the 03 t-56 high rpm shifting. Maybe the mag shifts better, but also not trying to have to buy all new hardware.

supercharged680

Established Member
god i hate this transmission i got mind fixed twice, and it still grinds when i shift when cruising u can hear the gears chatter its like im operating a tractor or something lol i wish i bought the auto oh well.. :D

BUCKET

Established Member
Maybe I got lucky idk. I shift 800+ Rwhp through mine. Plans already include a t56 when it does go and beside not doing 8k rpm drops when I beat on it (every time I drive it ) I just lift gas, clutch and shift. I don't power shift at all. Its Holding too much at this point, I am ready for it to go so I can order t56.

Users who are viewing this thread