MRT H-Pipe or MAC Pro-Chamber or Bassani X-Pipe

Which Mid-Pipe with Ford Racing M-55's

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mach14604

Established Member
I found a set of M-55 Mufflers. Thinking of swapping my Bassani Off Road X-pipe for either MAC Pro Chamber or MRT h-pipe. I have listened to as many videos as I know of and could find on M-55 and then listened to videos that had the different mid-pipes with SLP and Magnapack Mufflers with 4valve motors. (Thinking that this could kind of but not totally get me into the ballpark of sound.) I have looked through every page of the Exhaust 300+ Terminator Exhaust Pages and looked for M-55 or MRT H-pipe Threads. I had earlier just thought of going with an Mac or MRT h-pipe but had a friend recommend the Pro-Chamber. I know internet sound is different than real life but not having M-55's on a ton of cars makes it difficult. I would really like to do this in one shot and not keep swapping mid-pipes until I get the sound I want. I have Bassani Off-Road X-Pipe and Magnapacks on the car as it sits and it is as I refer to it as Stupid loud. I have read (maybe I am wrong) that X-pipe with chambered mufflers and h-pipe with straight through and Pro-Chamber with everything. I want some tone or a muscle car sound with the the M-55's. I am looking to Really looking for some good input on this please let me know what you think. The m-55's are what I want so don't make rude comments (Everyone is entitled to their opinion). :beer:

Last edited:

2003cobra22

Corn Fed
Established Member
Go with the Pro chamber thats what I have. Its very smooth low tone no rasp, had an o/r H before it was a little louder still lone tone and had some rasp around 2000-2500rp. I love the smoothness of the Pro Chamber

mach14604

Established Member
Does the ProChamber quiet things down on these cars and act like a third muffler. I don't want it to be quiet. I want the car to roar.

2003cobra22

Corn Fed
Established Member
itll still be loud maybe a little quieter than a o/r H or X but I thought the pro chamber really cleaned up the sound

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
my set up now is only just stinger cat back....everything else is stock

I'd like to get a little more aggressive sounding and I am not a huge fan of the rasp

8gtoklr

Established Member
my vote is none of the above. There is so much drone with prochamber, i couldnt imagine xpipe or straight pipe lol. There has to be a better alternative system. Ive had prochamber for 10 hours and its annoying lol. Dont get me wrong its amazing at full throttle or above 3,000 but thats about it

Last edited:

mach14604

Established Member
Prochamber and stingers are the best combo.
I had Stingers and I hated them and sold them!

my vote is none of the above. There is so much drone with prochamber, i couldnt imagine xpipe or straight pipe lol. There has to be a better alternative system. Ive had prochamber for 10 hours and its annoying lol. Dont get me wrong its amazing at full throttle or above 3,000 but thats about it
This is the first time I have heard a complaint about a Pro-chamber. i had one on my fox body but I assumed it was from the single chamber Flowmasters.
I have been leaning towards a Pro-Chamber here in the next couple of weeks because of the tone. The other things is I can't find any videos that let me sample an Off-Road MRT h-pipe. I can find a lot of Catted MRT pipes.

8gtoklr

Established Member
I know i read all great reviews on the prochamber, watched videos. I even saw someone say no drone. Im gonna look into adding or putting a better muffler/resonator in

8gtoklr

Established Member
update since 4-1-14. I have chamber on for 2 months now and its still has drown especially with windows up below 2000rpm, its only really happy at very light pedal and 2100rpms. At full throttle its a monster no doubt about it. Since I have 4.10 gears I cruise in 4th @ 2100 so 40 or 45mph any speeds slower than than gets 3rd or 5th

mach14604

Established Member
update since 4-1-14. I have chamber on for 2 months now and its still has drown especially with windows up below 2000rpm, its only really happy at very light pedal and 2100rpms. At full throttle its a monster no doubt about it. Since I have 4.10 gears I cruise in 4th @ 2100 so 40 or 45mph any speeds slower than than gets 3rd or 5th

What exhaust do you have on?

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
well i ended up finding a pro-chamber locally so i am going to try that out. I'll let you know what I think once I get it on in the next week or so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread