MRT H & Amazon TB/Plenum

RTM

Established Member
Well I put the MRT catted H on this past weekend, and can say that I really like the sound. It is different from the pro-chamber I had on my old GT with the Magnaflows, but I think it's perfect.

I have also just ordered a ported TB/Plenum from Amazon Racing that will be installed in a few days when I get it.

I can't wait to try it out! :rockon:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeh, I always wished I had gone with the MRT catted H-pipe. I love the sound. Never really liked my catted X-pipe. I lost that "muscle Mustang" sound. I'm anxious to hear how you like the Amazon ported TB, too.

2003 Silver

Banned
Originally posted by RTM
Well I put the MRT catted H on this past weekend, and can say that I really like the sound. It is different from the pro-chamber I had on my old GT with the Magnaflows, but I think it's perfect.

I have also just ordered a ported TB/Plenum from Amazon Racing that will be installed in a few days when I get it.

How does your Magnaflow cb and MRT sound....is it overly loud? I have the magnaflow cb and catted x and don't really like the sound....ricey....yet I am fearful that the car will be too loud if I bought the mrt catted h.........

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
Originally posted by RTM

how mch louder & when is it louder (idle, revving etc..). Also how aboyt drone?

RTM

Established Member
Sorry,

I had posted my impressions in another post.

I love the MRT Catted H and Magnaflows. I don't know what to compare it with. I had an 01 GT with an off-road Pro-chamber with Magnaflows, and it sounde good but a bit loud.

This set-up is perfect IMO. There is a little bit of drone with the windows up around 3K, but nothing intolerable.

The Amazon TB/Plenum is outstanding. The car just seems to build RPM so quickly now. You can really tell a mid-range difference. I compare it to when I first installed my K&N FIPK.

Hell, the throttle response alone is worth the cost IMO.

Linn if you see this, my TB/Plenum is on the way back.

Thanks!

RTM

Established Member
I got the MRT catted H from Ninosport.

Very helpful guy. It was in the $450 range. I also got my O2 ext.'s from him. Free shipping with both.

I personally think the T/B/Plenum is worth every penny. Like I said before, the throttle response you get from it is worth the money.

RTM

Established Member
The 03's don't need ext.'s. while the 04's do. That's what I've been told.

I think you will be happy with your choice. :)

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
RTM - Can we get a video/sound clip of your car? I have the Magnaflow CB and I am wanting to get the MRT- H. I've heard the ProChamber and it's pretty mean, however, I still have not heard the MRT & Magna combo yet. Thanks

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by 10th03Cobra
I had this TB on my car also and it worked awesome!!!!!

I just sold it since I found a Billetflow for cheap.

So did you notice a difference from Ported to the billetflow?

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
MRT H-Pipe Clip..

Any of you guys running the MRT H-Pipe? Satisfation level? Do you have any video/sound clips to share?

Users who are viewing this thread