mrt catted H pipes?

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Originally posted by CastIronMan
I also forgot to add, i made more power with flows then i did with the borla.
I believe 03snake said this was impossible but i have the dyno sheets to prove it, same dyno, same mods/tune, only difference was catback(borla vs flows) and the weather was different.
Imo if the weather woulda been the same for both setups, i still believe the flows woulda netted better numbers, i can't see 20 degree difference = almost a 40rwhp difference, my tuner said 20 degrees would = around a 2% lose, so don't let anyone tell you flows don't make the same amount or more power, it's 100% bullsh*t, i have videos and dyno sheets to show.
The only real difference between flows and borlas are borlas are loud and flows are not as loud but loud enough(did i say that right.....lmao)
Heres a link i did a while back http://my5minutes.com/index.php?cat=17 it's called "borla vs flows"
You can listen to both setups and see how they sound(all my friends like the flows best:shrug: )
Btw, the video in the link is CAI/Catback only(no mrt mid pipe) and a custom tune from RWTD......hope you enjoy.

It's not possible unless there is something amiss. Don't be naive enough to believe that a Chambered muffler will make more HP than a straight-through race design like the Borla on a Forced Induction car. Thats like believing that you'll make more power with a catted mid-pipe than you will with an off-road version. You car has an issue. Maybe it's a defective catback(not sure how that would be), or your tune is out of whack. I didn't come up with this off the top of my head. I was one of the first on this board to run 2-Chambered Flowmasters on an 03 Cobra, and ran them till the Stinger came out. Trust me, there's much more power to be had with the Borla. Get yourself an updated tune and go from there. Flowmasters have, IMO, the best sound ever, they just don't have the performance........

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
03snake sorry man but you are wrong, you can tell me theres something wrong with my car but the fact is, my car is running perfect and James(RWTD) did a very nice tune if you ask me.
My borlas are off and never will touch my cat again and i mean never.
03snake, i'm not the only person here that has netted the same or higher numbers with flows vs borla, what it really comes down to is it is in "your" head and nothing more.
I didn't pull my borlas off because they didn't net power, i pulled them because they honestly sound like ass to "me" and me only, if you can't handle that sorry, enjoy your raspy, truck sounding exhaust, to each his own, i'm happy with flows over borlas.
Oh btw 03snake, have you got any proof that borlas make more power, i don't remember seeing you doing any test like i did, sounds like this is nothing more then your opinion, mines not opinion it's fact so keep telling yourself and other people i'm wrong but the fact is i have proof and you have none other then the fact you know it has to be true......thanks.

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
svtang03,borlas at idle only, i'll send you a file so you can hear them at low rpm's, sounds like sh*t but others have had good luck with the setup, kinda a 50/50 deal.
If you have my problem it's upto you if you can stand it, me myself i couldn't so i went back to flows, i'll have videos tomorrow, i also made a video today of my car with the mrt mid pipe only, no catback.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
I am so sorry the laws of physics cease to exist on your perfectly running car. I am not gonna argue this point with you. If it wasn't a forced induction car, then I may have reason to believe some of this is possible. First off, I could care less what you think, as far as the sound of the Borla. Never once did I question why you didnt like the sound. When it comes to the sound of an exhaust, it ONLY matters to the owner. Which by the way, there happens to be many more people on this board and others that have praised this very combo, most with more experience talking about mods here on this board than you. Second, I could also care less what some shop told you as far as your tune. Believe what you want. Unless the tune was done to the current set-up, which you stated it wasn't(I don't know what the problem is, the tune was good with the flowmasters or something to that effect), then your tune is probably the culprit Get some time on the board NOOB, before you start flaming PROVEN peformance products. And for your information as far as testing is concerned, my share of it was done with this combo. I went from an O/R X-pipe and 2 chamber flows, to a catted H-pipe and the Borla stingers and didn't drop any HP. So tell me again how the Borla stingers lose HP. Even if the Borlas made the same as Flowmasters, I would have lost hp going from an O/R mid pipe to a catted version. When you get to my level of HP, you can't afford to check the tune after every single performance mod. Too much risk involved. I questioned your loss of HP because it didn't make sense. You took it personal becasue you thought I was calling you a liar. Far from it my friend. I was just pointing out the obvious. Unless your borla catback was defective, leaking badly, then all fingers point to the tune. I'm done with this thread!!!!!!!!

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
Thank god because it's honestly getting old hearing you.....lmao

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
Btw, 3 things,...
First i'm not a "NOOB" i just like to change nicks at times.
Second, better look again buddy, James isn't just some no one when it comes to "our" cobras.
Third, post your numbers with this combo since you "know" for a fact i'm wrong, i'll make sure i post mine tomorrow with the newest videos.....thanks again

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
Honestly i dont believe in the preditor stuff or mail order chips go get your car custom tuned on the dyno and it will be a world of difference.

Oxford Snake

Established Member
sound clips

Hello all,

I have the Stinger Cat-back and have decided to purchase the MRT H-pipe as well. Could you guys send some clips to ...
Thanks,

Dave

Last edited:

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
What is the theory behind only SOME MRT catted H pipes sounding good with the Stingers and others not? Why does a probabitily even exists? Aren't they all manufactured the same?

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
I don't know, I just want to dump $500 on a h pipe and then sound like shit. If It makes like 10hp and sounds sweet then I have no problem.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I have the Steeda Cat-Back, would you guys go with a MRT H? Send me some sound clips.

Users who are viewing this thread