Mrt Catted H + Magnaflow Catback - Please Post Clips

cdh027

Established Member
TrueBlueGT said:
The harley blaaap thing is just my opinion:shrug: As I said in the other thread, if you like it what's it matter what anyone else thinks? If you like it, go for it!:rockon:

I think we need to clarify this once and for all. You will only get the motorcycle sound at low rpm's with an off road MRT H-pipe. The catted version solves the entire problem.

04MC

Established Member
REDFIRE03SVT said:
i've already got a magnaflow catback and just bought an MRT catted H and am going to pick it up on sunday (and hopefully install it sunday too). i know what a PITA it is to try to find a good clip of this setup so im going to try to put an end to that...

After you get the clip, just open an account at www.putfile.com

Can't wait!

cdh027-2 said:
I think we need to clarify this once and for all. You will only get the motorcycle sound at low rpm's with an off road MRT H-pipe. The catted version solves the entire problem.

Well for me it didn't catted mrt h pipe + slp lm2 exhaust.

cdh027

Established Member
04MC said:
Well for me it didn't catted mrt h pipe + slp lm2 exhaust.

We are discussing a Magnaflow exhaust, not a loud mouth. I bet that slp exhaust would sound like shit with any mid pipe.

04MC

Established Member
I know that. The thing is all of you say the magnaflow exhaust sound good with mrt catted h pipe, but nobody has posted more than one clip. The SLP/Stingers sound better with X pipe than they do with any H pipe.

Why don't you post a clip? Would help a lot me to decide and get rid of my SLP system because the quality of my SLP LM2 is superior than the magnaflow, so for me to get rid of it I would need to be 110% I will not have the same sound at partial throttle.

Last edited:

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
cdh027-2 said:

There was a catted mrt h on my car. I didn't like it, but as I said in the other thread, it's personal preference. Some guys think it sounds absolutely perfect. I don't.....but that's just me. Buy what you like and best of luck to you 'cause I'm out:banana: :pepper: :banana:

svt4cobra6

I have the mrt catted hpipe with the mag catback and like the sound. Think it is just personal preference. I like the older muscle car sound so this is probably why I like it.

Bionik_P

Established Member
Well I will say this....I decided to go with the Magnaflow Catted X on my car instead of the MRT H pipe....

I have to say that I really like the sound of the MF X and the MF CB....like a modern day muscle car....a really clean, crisp sound. I like it!:coolman:

cdh027

Established Member
04MC said:
That is MRT Catted H Pipe + Magnaflow Catback.

Damn, I have a hard time believing that car has that combo. It sounds more like MRT off road H with maggies or MRT catted H with maggies that have had all of the packing material inside the muffler worn out really bad. :shrug:

svt4cobra6

Yep it is the mrt catted h pipe with the magnaflow catback. The mufflers are in good shape. I was surprised how much louder the mrt catted hpipe made it under throttle. It is still pretty quite under idle and easy driving. The stock hpipe is very thick near the headers and this really quites it down.

T.O.Snake

Established Member
I had the MRT catted H pipe with stingers on my 04 and I really disliked it. At low speeds and partial throttle, I got all sorts of Harley blatt.

My two choices were to keep the MRT and go with a magnaflow CB, or keep the stingers and get a magnaflow catted X. Since I couldn't find any decent clips of the MRT/magnaflow combo (as you're trying to do now), and got to hear a local guy's car with the other combo on my list (and loved it), that's how I made my decision.

Of the few guys I spoke to who run the MRT/magnaflow combo, they really liked the sound, for what it's worth. Good luck whichever way you decide to go.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Well, that combo has the same "blat" as the MRT Catted/Stingers have, its just quieter/more muted.

So far, the only combo that even remotely gets rid of it is the Full Bassani w/baffles IN the tips, or Full Magnaflow/cattedX/catback.

REDFIRE03SVT

Established Member
im gonna make a long video with all sorts of driving conditions so people can stop having to try to describe what the magnaflow and mrt catted h sounds like... problem is I live right outside of D.C. so there are no straight flat roads that aren't loaded with cops (might not get a lot of high rpm video) plus i just got my tonsils out today so it might be a little while... i tried to make a video already but my buddy recorded it without sound... idiot.. either way a video of mrt catted h and magnaflow catback is on the way at some point in the future so everyone can hear what its all about... i absolutely love it, it sounds soooo bad A$$ but thats my personal opinion.... sorry 04MC for not gettin a video up yet.. i know you've been lookin for a good one.

04MC

Established Member
I just removed the MRT Catted H pipe and replaced it with the Magnaflow catted X - best thing I ever did. Still using SLP LM2 exhaust.

Quieter and no more partial throttle embarassament (harley/cherry bomb sound) and sounds a lot better.
The quality of the magnaflow x pipe is better and fits better than the MRT pipe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread