MPH Behemoth Intake

GodStang

Established Member
I dont see anywhere on there website that gives detailed specs on this inlet?? :??:

Ya its not listed on their website. Just give them a call and Rhonda will answer the phone and send you in the right direction. They have been very helpful to me.

RunninRed

I'm Your Huckleberry
Established Member
I dont see anywhere on there website that gives detailed specs on this inlet?? :??:

And you probably wont. Their homepage isnt the best for info. But check the forums there, lots of great info. If all else fails just give them a call. They are happy to help and answer any questions you have. You wont be disappointed with any product or services you get from them. :thumbsup:

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
I'd have to see the final dyno #'s vs boost levels to raelly be convinced. Air still has to flow through the rotor inlet-into the intake tract of the motor... they don't change that at all. Reducing the restriction on the intake side(pre-rotors) will help some, but there's a point in which bigger isn't necessarily better.

GodStang

Established Member
I'd have to see the final dyno #'s vs boost levels to raelly be convinced. Air still has to flow through the rotor inlet-into the intake tract of the motor... they don't change that at all. Reducing the restriction on the intake side(pre-rotors) will help some, but there's a point in which bigger isn't necessarily better.

That is correct but you have to remember the Twin screw blowers are named by the amount of air they flow. The 2.8L flows...2.8 Liters of air. The 3.4L flows you got it 3.4 liters of air. This is just the compressor with no inlet on it. If you do the math to find out with the cfm is per engine/blower rpms you find out that in most cases 17+ psi that at around 3300 engine rpms the blower is needing more than 1000 cfms to feed it all the way up to ~1562cfm at 26psi. The stock inlet only flows around 1009 cfms. So you have a massive restriction at 3300rpms and above. More boost more air you need more restriction you will have. upping the inlet cfm will increase power when ever the restriction is lessened.

Doing the math the MPH inlet would increase power at around engine 3300rpms. When they did the back to back dynos no tune changed same car same dyno right at 3300rpms the MPH dyno graph took off over the stock inlet.

There have been a good number of cars with this mod on 2.8s and they have gotten huge gains on same setups. The results are on a different site so I am not linking them.

GodStang

Established Member
Here is an idea this was the test car. When fuel was added it gained more power but this was back to back no other changes on a stock car. Notice at aroun 3300-3500 it starts to take off:

"Twin 75mm throttle body results. It is trying to lean out up top on me due to voltage drop, the car needs a new alternator. The car is also making alot more power up top and using the fuel that was there.

This is the best test I can give, we kept everything as close as possible.

First test:

18* (locked,cannot move based on ECT or ACT for test purposes)
ECT-176*
ACT2 -132*
ACT1- 66 *

second test:

18* locked
ECT-182*
ACT2- 124*( it wont get any higher, all I can figure is with less restriction the heat is down)
ACT1 - 68*"

Toddscar.jpg

JPB

On jack stands
Established Member
Here is an idea this was the test car. When fuel was added it gained more power but this was back to back no other changes on a stock car. Notice at aroun 3300-3500 it starts to take off:

"Twin 75mm throttle body results. It is trying to lean out up top on me due to voltage drop, the car needs a new alternator. The car is also making alot more power up top and using the fuel that was there.

This is the best test I can give, we kept everything as close as possible.

First test:

18* (locked,cannot move based on ECT or ACT for test purposes)
ECT-176*
ACT2 -132*
ACT1- 66 *

second test:

18* locked
ECT-182*
ACT2- 124*( it wont get any higher, all I can figure is with less restriction the heat is down)
ACT1 - 68*"

Toddscar.jpg

Great information and posts. Thank you for being so willing to educate and share. Is this pump or race gas. What boost? Impressive!

Last edited:

JPB

On jack stands
Established Member
Does anyone know how many psi the behemoth increases your boost by?

Last edited:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
That is correct but you have to remember the Twin screw blowers are named by the amount of air they flow. The 2.8L flows...2.8 Liters of air. The 3.4L flows you got it 3.4 liters of air. This is just the compressor with no inlet on it. If you do the math to find out with the cfm is per engine/blower rpms you find out that in most cases 17+ psi that at around 3300 engine rpms the blower is needing more than 1000 cfms to feed it all the way up to ~1562cfm at 26psi. The stock inlet only flows around 1009 cfms. So you have a massive restriction at 3300rpms and above. More boost more air you need more restriction you will have. upping the inlet cfm will increase power when ever the restriction is lessened.

Doing the math the MPH inlet would increase power at around engine 3300rpms. When they did the back to back dynos no tune changed same car same dyno right at 3300rpms the MPH dyno graph took off over the stock inlet.

There have been a good number of cars with this mod on 2.8s and they have gotten huge gains on same setups. The results are on a different site so I am not linking them.

You mentioned the most important point about this topic, and that's restriction. The goal is to eliminate as much restriction as possible in the intact tract before the blower. Roots blowers are especially sensitive to restrictions on the intake side. One way to tell how restrictive your pre-blower intake setup is to hook up a vacuum gauge to the intake... after the throttle body, but before the blower. The ultimate goal will be to have 0 in/hg of vacuum at WOT throughout the entire power band. If you have vacuum (read: restrictions), start by removing the air filter and making a pull. If that reduces the vacuum, get a better filter. Work your way all the way from the air filter, to the piping to the throttle body, and to the intake. If you can manage 0 in/hg of vacuum after some simple intake piping, throttle body modifications, and porting mods, then the benefit you will get from the larger intake will not be as great as a motor with more boost, larger displacement, etc..

Homer

GodStang

Established Member
Does anyone know how many psi the behemoth increases your boost by?

I have seen gains of 2psi and I have seen zero gains and I have seen loss of 2psi.

On a side note my buddies 2V just had one installed and last I hear he was over 700rwhp BEFORE the Nitrous and before the boost was turned all the way up.

GodStang

Established Member
You mentioned the most important point about this topic, and that's restriction. The goal is to eliminate as much restriction as possible in the intact tract before the blower. Roots blowers are especially sensitive to restrictions on the intake side. One way to tell how restrictive your pre-blower intake setup is to hook up a vacuum gauge to the intake... after the throttle body, but before the blower. The ultimate goal will be to have 0 in/hg of vacuum at WOT throughout the entire power band. If you have vacuum (read: restrictions), start by removing the air filter and making a pull. If that reduces the vacuum, get a better filter. Work your way all the way from the air filter, to the piping to the throttle body, and to the intake. If you can manage 0 in/hg of vacuum after some simple intake piping, throttle body modifications, and porting mods, then the benefit you will get from the larger intake will not be as great as a motor with more boost, larger displacement, etc..

Homer

Very good info!!

JPB

On jack stands
Established Member
I have seen gains of 2psi and I have seen zero gains and I have seen loss of 2psi.

That is what Tim said as well.

I have a JLT High boost CAI, Accufab, JLT MAF, Stock exhaust manifolds, Stock cams, Stock heads, and soon a 2.2 KB. Right the the blower has a 3.5" pulley on it and I'm running the stock lower. (13psi) according to KB. My JLT added two with the eaton. So my best guess is if the inlet and the accufab add any boost I'll be right around 17-18 psi. It is a guessing game at this point. I need a couple of different blower pulley sizes I suppose. That way I can start low and turn the boost up to where I need it to be on pump gas and then I can crank it up for race gas.

Just ordered the MPH inlet.

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
I already have a 2.8h on my 2V. Considering this inlet, but hard to swallow the cost.

Sinultrous is getting his Behemoth 2V tuned as we speak. It already hit 700rwhp and has yes to have boost cranked up or the bottle added. Not bad for a little 2v.

Red99SVT

Established Member
Sinultrous is getting his Behemoth 2V tuned as we speak. It already hit 700rwhp and has yes to have boost cranked up or the bottle added. Not bad for a little 2v.

Yeah I saw some numbers on another site. My car has a 4r70w but is setup alot like his. Mine has made 655rwhp through the auto which isnt bad.

Users who are viewing this thread