MPH Behemoth Intake

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
Has anyone tried the new MPH intake on a 2.2 KB? If so, what were the gains? HP/TQ? Did it increase the boost with the same pulley size? And the big question, was it worth the investment? :dancenana:

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
PM Godstang......he put one on awhile back but I never heard about how much difference it made. From the looks of those pics he posted, id say it would almost HAVE to make a huge difference. They were saying something like a 60-150whp increase! Its not a cheap upgrade by any means though...
MPHback.jpg

StockvsMPH3.jpg

StockvsMPH5.jpg

StockvsMPH.jpg

BehemothInlet1.jpg

MPHInlet.jpg

svt99rag

Established Member
Godstang is running a 2.8 and has not had it back on the dyno yet, still finishing up a few things.

GodStang

Established Member
that thing is HUGE

Thats what she said....

Ok here is the deal on the inlets. The stock 2.2L, 2.4L, 2.6L, and 2.8L all have an inlet that flows ~1000cfms. The new Behemoth inlet flows ~1800cfms. Ok now for the question of is it worth it and will I get gains. This depends on what your other restrictions are and how much boost you are running. If you are running 15lbs then the gains will be very small by adding the new inlet but if you are running 20+psi the gain will be higher and the more boost you run the greater gains you will get. Also having a built engine and cams, LT, and headers, will also help with larger gains.

lloyd393

Squid missile
Established Member
Thats what she said....

Ok here is the deal on the inlets. The stock 2.2L, 2.4L, 2.6L, and 2.8L all have an inlet that flows ~1000cfms. The new Behemoth inlet flows ~1800cfms. Ok now for the question of is it worth it and will I get gains. This depends on what your other restrictions are and how much boost you are running. If you are running 15lbs then the gains will be very small by adding the new inlet but if you are running 20+psi the gain will be higher and the more boost you run the greater gains you will get. Also having a built engine and cams, LT, and headers, will also help with larger gains.

And this will mate up to my KB 2.4? Who do I need to contact to get the ball rolling to get one of these?

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Carlos in MACA just put the MPH inlet on his 2.8H and made 100whp extra!

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
I would have to see some before and after on the same dyno with the same tuner to believe 100whp could be achieved by just this intake...even if it is huge....I bet you wouldnt see much unless you were already pushing at least 700whp

GodStang

Established Member
I would have to see some before and after on the same dyno with the same tuner to believe 100whp could be achieved by just this intake...even if it is huge....I bet you wouldnt see much unless you were already pushing at least 700whp

Another guy just gained 100rwhp through an Auto.

GodStang

Established Member
What was he making before though? Was it the same tuner? Mustang or dynojet? Not trying to be a dick, just seriously curious.

His is in the high HP range. Its through an auto so numbers come out alot lower than manual. He was low 9s with 690rwhp and now he is up to 780ishrwhp with the inlet swap boost the same. Should be in the 8s. 780 on an auto I think is well into the 800s on a Manual.

Users who are viewing this thread