Moving

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
well, it looks like i will be moving out of maryland in the next couple of months, and will be going to either the pittsburg PA area or down in lynchburg VA. the site that i am currently working at is closing so those are the two choices my company has given me, kinda sucks since i've finally learned the area and really don't want to live in a city setting but i guess that's the way things go. i am not leaving the club but my attendance i the GTG's will be cut down alot since these two places are over 200 miles away from DC,MD area. what i would like to know from some of you PA residents is what kind of vehicle laws there are that i should know ie.... inspections, smog checks and what not since PA is probably where i'll end up. thanks for any imput you guys can offer.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I know tint laws are pretty tough up there. The great thing about PA IMO is the point system does not transfer with other states. If you have any points on your Driving record you will loose them once you move there.

I'm sure others will chime in on other benefits / deterrants. It's been 12 years since I moved out of there. Good luck with the move!

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I actually think that PA points transfer now. The last thing that I heard was if you get a ticket in PA it will transfer to MD, and I'd be surprised if it wasn't vice versa. As for total points being transfered when you switch states....I have no idea, but I bet the websites would answer that question.

TRBO VNM

sorry to hear chris. I will be in the same boat probably in a yr or so. My boss is hinting more and more about a florida office.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
DAmn, you guys are dropping like flies. Hate to see you go. I would definitely go the PA route. If you like small town USA, then Lynchburg is for you. I was born and raised right down the road from there.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Lynchburg isn't too bad of a place! I used to visit my "GF" there when she taught at Sweet Briar College. I'd definetely choose Pittsburg over Lynchburg though. ;-)

Dolemite

Established Member
Sorry to hear that Chris, I hear Pitt is pretty cool, and very affordable.

Damn Marlon, your dating college proffessors???

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Dolemite said:
Sorry to hear that Chris, I hear Pitt is pretty cool, and very affordable.

Damn Marlon, your dating college proffessors???
:lol: My girlfriend is an English Literature professor, Sierwan.

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
Lynchburg isn't too bad of a place! I used to visit my "GF" there when she taught at Sweet Briar College. I'd definetely choose Pittsburg over Lynchburg though. ;-)

He is the modern DON JUAN :lol: :lol: :lol:

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Annual safety inspections, get a sticker each time. Depending how urbanized the county is, determines emission testing. I'm in Adams county, and no emissions. The census is low due to prevalent farmland. A vehicle with any rust larger than, I think, baseball, will not pass safety inspection. Lots of snow in Pittsburgh. There is a GREAT bunch of guys out there though. Steel City Stangs. IMO, I'd go south. But I've seen enough snow for a lifetime. In VA, you could drive your Cobra year round, Pitts, it would be questionable. I think they use salt on the roads, and not many tuners around there. A lot of them come to Kauffmans to see Dave, in Dillsburg, PA.

Pittsburgh is a drinking town with a Football problem........lol.....Must be willing to paint your face if you live there and take your shirt off in the winter....Mandatory!!!!

Good luck with your decision Chris. Be glad there are opportunities to stay with your company, and not be out of work all together.

J.R.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Damn Chris, sorry to hear your moving. Personally I'd move to VA given the 2 options, anywhere farther south for me at this point. Need any help during the move just let me know.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Chris

Sorry to hear you are going!~ Now as much as I am a Steeler fan and the Steel City Stang guys are great...but, I would not move to Pittsburgh. Cold weather...more often..with snow...so less time in the Cobra...along with alot of factories that kind of make the city look smoky and dreary in the winter. Just my opinion. They do have some kind of cool stuff thier too...if your a Steelers/Pirates/Peguins fan! So not knocking the city...just the cold weather it has. I guess given I am from the south..if I had to move and had the opportunity..I would go South..immediately. Trust me..if I can find a way out of Maryland...I will some day. I love the MACA..and the people I have met...I just not a big fan of Maryland or the weather. I want to go back to NC where I am from...plus..cost of living is cheaper. It's damn ridiculous what it cost to live around here!

04yellowcobra

Established Member
JRS BLOWN SNAKE said:
Annual safety inspections, get a sticker each time. Depending how urbanized the county is, determines emission testing. I'm in Adams county, and no emissions. The census is low due to prevalent farmland. A vehicle with any rust larger than, I think, baseball, will not pass safety inspection. Lots of snow in Pittsburgh. There is a GREAT bunch of guys out there though. Steel City Stangs. IMO, I'd go south. But I've seen enough snow for a lifetime. In VA, you could drive your Cobra year round, Pitts, it would be questionable. I think they use salt on the roads, and not many tuners around there. A lot of them come to Kauffmans to see Dave, in Dillsburg, PA.

Pittsburgh is a drinking town with a Football problem........lol.....Must be willing to paint your face if you live there and take your shirt off in the winter....Mandatory!!!!

Good luck with your decision Chris. Be glad there are opportunities to stay with your company, and not be out of work all together.

J.R.

I totally agree about Pittsburgh!! I will add this, I grew up 40 miles from Pittsburgh. Beautiful area in the foothills of the mountains. And if you are single, Pittsburgh has some the most gorgeous women in large quantities!!

Later
Jason

playwithmysnake

car is forsale
Established Member
yeah i had training in lynchburg with verizon for a few weeks,, very small town ,,but ............... lots and lots of girls!!!!!!!!!!!!! everywhere , the onlt bad thing the church guy jerry falwell? farewell? something like that owns the town so his rules are in effect with drinking and the all girl school,,, but you know how girls like to rebel,,,, its a fun place in my eyes

Users who are viewing this thread