Moving IAT1 to IAT2 on Mach1 computer

garylahr

Established Member
Let me see if I can get this right. I have an 03 that I just converted from auto to T56. The car has a 04 Mach1 computer because the old trans had an auto valve body and that computer has auto settings in it. The Mach1's only read from 1 IAT and if you use a cobra harness it uses the 1st sensor. This is not good because the one we care about is IAT2 which reads the air in the SC. I need to do some wiring so IAT1 is actually reading from IA2.

Anyone doing an auto swap know how to do this?

Thanks for the help guys.

racebronco2

Established Member
It's common when doing the eaton swap with the gt computer. Like you said just use the ait1 for the ait2 reading. If you need to get the ait2 sensor i beleive the one from an f150 is the screw in type. Don't remember the year.

garylahr

Established Member
It's common when doing the eaton swap with the gt computer. Like you said just use the ait1 for the ait2 reading. If you need to get the ait2 sensor i beleive the one from an f150 is the screw in type. Don't remember the year.

I'm told the IAT2 sensor does more than just reading air temp so I was looking to take the wire used for the temp signal from the 1st sensor and moving it to the second sensor. Is this possible?

After doing some research it looks like pin 37 and 39 need to be swapped on the harness going into the CPU.

Is that right? Will it work?

racebronco2

Established Member
I'm told the IAT2 sensor does more than just reading air temp so I was looking to take the wire used for the temp signal from the 1st sensor and moving it to the second sensor. Is this possible?

After doing some research it looks like pin 37 and 39 need to be swapped on the harness going into the CPU.

Is that right? Will it work?

Yes the stock cobra ait2 does more than iat2 temps, it's also a map sensor. I would imagine that the mach one also has a map sensor on the firewall. You might need to wire both mach 1 sensor wires into the cobra sensor. I only swapped out the sensor locations on a 96 cobra.

garylahr

Established Member
Yes the stock cobra ait2 does more than iat2 temps, it's also a map sensor. I would imagine that the mach one also has a map sensor on the firewall. You might need to wire both mach 1 sensor wires into the cobra sensor. I only swapped out the sensor locations on a 96 cobra.

Yes, that is what I am trying to do. I attempted to rewire at the harness last night but now I've got a FPDM issue to track down. I think I grabbed the wrong wires or I blew a fuse somehow. I disconnected the battery so I'm not sure how I would have blown a fuse.

Now I'm starting over, I'm reconnecting the wires I messed with and I'm going to try and use wires from the 1st sensor and move them to the second sensor in the engine compartment. The first sensor is 2 wires and the second one is 4 wires. Do I take both wires from the 1st and move them to the second sensor? Thats where I need the help.

Thanks

garylahr

Established Member
For those that are curious I'm a knucklehead. The reason I had FPDM issues is because I did not connect the harness back together after I spliced wires at the PCM.

The end result is I took care of this and now get the proper IAT reading on my Mach1 computer.

If anyone else is doing this all you have to do is swap pin 37 with pin 39 at the PCM.

Users who are viewing this thread