Moved posts???

svt2003cobra

Banned
Whats the deal with all the moved posts?? I posted a thread in this forum and it says moved, but its still here and i dont get an email telling me about replies.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Too many threads are being started here that should be started in the (more) appropriate forum. If it was moved it was moved because it doesn't belong here. If you'll notice, a lot of threads are moved every day. PM Larry and I'm sure he'll be happy to answer your question.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Would it be possible to delete the threads from this forum, after they are moved? I realize the link is left in the original forum to show the thread author that it still exists, but there are literally pages of moved posts. Perhaps the moved posts could be setup to automatically delete themselves from the wrong forum, two days after they are moved? Might take care of all the clutter.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Here is the Breakdown Folks.

Talk: General "NON-TECH" 03/04 cobra discussions.

Engine and TUNING: Anything to do with the engine. Pulleys, filter, ignition Chips, tuners. Engine stuff.

Driveline: Transmissions, clutches, rear ends, shifters. Anything non suspension related from the clutch to the differential.

Exhaust: Headers back.

Suspension modifications: IRS, Solid rears, Rear suspension swaps. Front suspension, K-members, Shocks, springs, struts.

Interior and exterior modifications: bling stuff, Seats, paint, that sort of stuff.

How-to: Writups on how to do stuff. Do not start threads in here asking how to do something...Just post your how-to's. Questions however, can be asked in a how-to thread that was started about how to do something.

I feel like I am teaching grade school here.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
WDW MKR said:
Would it be possible to delete the threads from this forum, after they are moved? I realize the link is left in the original forum to show the thread author that it still exists, but there are literally pages of moved posts. Perhaps the moved posts could be setup to automatically delete themselves from the wrong forum, two days after they are moved? Might take care of all the clutter.

The moved threads will eventually fall off of the page as new posts are written or old ones are refreshed. We can do it without leaving a forwarding header, but if someone is looking for it and they last saw it here they may have trouble finding it. I would like to move them without a redirect as well, but then everone would be complaining about that too. :bash:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Talk...
Engine and Tuning...
Driveline...
Exhaust...
Suspension modifications...
Interior and exterior modifications...
How-to...

I feel like I am teaching grade school here.
Could you go over those categories again? I wasn't paying attention...I was too busy putting together a poll on which brand of toilet paper is the softest. :-D

:p :burn:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Top_Fuel said:
Could you go over those categories again? I wasn't paying attention...I was too busy putting together a poll on which brand of toilet paper is the softest. :-D

:pepper: :banana: :beer:

WDW MKR

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
The moved threads will eventually fall off of the page as new posts are written or old ones are refreshed. We can do it without leaving a forwarding header, but if someone is looking for it and they last saw it here they may have trouble finding it. I would like to move them without a redirect as well, but then everone would be complaining about that too. :bash:

Ya, I understand. It was just an idea :beer:

dougwg

Established Member
Top_Fuel said:

Don't squeeze the Charmine! :pop:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Rootus said:
Bwahahaha.... the thread about moved posts ... got moved. :lol:

That's pretty funny.

Everyone [including me] has to learn to go to the various sub-forums in the Terminator forum instead of just clicking on Terminator talk.

svt2003cobra

Banned
Thats fine if you move post that dont belong, but i started this thread in this forum and its showing moved and it wasnt moved. Two or three others have done the same thing, I understand the catagories Hissman so you dont have to teach me. its just when the posts are saying moved then im not subscribed to them anymore thats all.

03DOHC

Established Member
svt2003cobra said:
Thats fine if you move post that dont belong, but i started this thread in this forum and its showing moved and it wasnt moved. Two or three others have done the same thing, I understand the catagories Hissman so you dont have to teach me. its just when the posts are saying moved then im not subscribed to them anymore thats all.
So, when a thread you were subscribed to is moved, you are no longer subscribed to it after it is moved? Am I understanding that correctly?

hj16

Established Member
svt2003cobra said:
Whats the deal with all the moved posts?? I posted a thread in this forum and it says moved, but its still here and i dont get an email telling me about replies.
Because you put it in the wrong forum dumbass

Users who are viewing this thread