MotorWeek | Road Test: 2016 Shelby GT 350R

oldmachguy

Established Member
". . . the lap dog of Satan . . . "

". . . a stressed out snarl . . . " hahaha Gotta have one!

Too bad my first born is too old to sell. :lol1:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Sweet Jesus, Ford killed it with that car. Love it from every angle, even in ugly yellow, it still looked good.

To bad that due to brand promotion and marketing schemes by Ford, the average joe will never see one, due to short supply and high demand.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
THEPILL!!!!

Long time no see!
SID said SVTP "Had big things planned for the new car" that he thought id like. The GT350 was more than I bargained for.

Besides, the M6G Mods had to Proof Read thePill's post before publishing... I did it for a few weeks and it's getting old. I will miss them...

...but I'm all better now....

Sometimes you need to call stupid, stupid and a homo, a homo :) especially when homo's creep on your Facebook and make it more gay than it needs to be.

I retired last year... and I'm extremely bored now. I will probably make it to more shows and events now, including SEMA.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
It was sarcasm, nobody wants to see another GT350 smack the hell outta an $80,000 parts bin car.

Who buys a "Track Car" with a 112 inch wheelbase???

Lol... You poor thing. Must be hard.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Lol... You poor thing. Must be hard.
Its quite easy...

You don't "Track" or "Race" a Full-Size car. 112 inches was part of the 5th Gen's issue. It was extra large and unless you invested $30,000 into an SS, you wouldn't have a z28. It was a lot of garbage money spent on lightweighting a heavy car and providing a high output engine and some exotic equipment.

No need... just get a GT350, after the 2016 are gone, it will be easy.

Trade in that black balloon your driving around :lol:

thehunterooo

Established Member
SID said SVTP "Had big things planned for the new car" that he thought id like. The GT350 was more than I bargained for.

Besides, the M6G Mods had to Proof Read thePill's post before publishing... I did it for a few weeks and it's getting old. I will miss them...

...but I'm all better now....

Sometimes you need to call stupid, stupid and a homo, a homo :) especially when homo's creep on your Facebook and make it more gay than it needs to be.

I retired last year... and I'm extremely bored now. I will probably make it to more shows and events now, including SEMA.

lol I had my account limited too, it didn't really matter to me but I could not even send PMs so I could not contact any venders or others making parts so I said screw it. My posts would not even go through in the local area forum sections sometimes so I really do not know what was going on. You did last a long time on there......

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
lol I had my account limited too, it didn't really matter to me but I could not even send PMs so I could not contact any venders or others making parts so I said screw it. My posts would not even go through in the local area forum sections sometimes so I really do not know what was going on. You did last a long time on there......

A couple members over there got real gay, real quick. I don't mind the bans or limits but some of those guys are... interested in thePill's um... "private" photos... a little too much.

I don't mind the attention but don't be creepy on FB. I have a Fan-Crowd and it appears they are primarily very creepy, 18-35 aged, white males :( who prefer my semi-nude recovery photos oppose to the vehicles and race-cars, SEMA projects and personal cars I post there.

Anyway, Mrs.Pill loves the Grabber Blue GT350. If we don't get hassled, we will be getting one. I just picked up a '66 GT as well and trying to grab a '76 Cobra II with a '66 Shelby 289. The Cobra II is so much fun but the owner wants too much. Got rid of the '11 Strip GT and the '67 GT shell :(

...I grabbed a '93 Fox Vert for the summer.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Its quite easy...

You don't "Track" or "Race" a Full-Size car. 112 inches was part of the 5th Gen's issue. It was extra large and unless you invested $30,000 into an SS, you wouldn't have a z28. It was a lot of garbage money spent on lightweighting a heavy car and providing a high output engine and some exotic equipment.

No need... just get a GT350, after the 2016 are gone, it will be easy.

Trade in that black balloon your driving around :lol:

You are totally forgetting that the z28 paved the way for the gt350. That those balloons (kickass comeback btw) DOMINATED the muscle car handling category. This 112" partbin car, CRUSHED the Boss 302 LS and gt500. It also is faster than the base gt350 and the gt350 track pack.

Also, please make sure that you always remember how the GT350R borrowed GM's magneride in order to make it happen. Not to mention the straight stolen z28 rear wing that you will find on the gt350 track pack.

:lol:

I think I will be keeping my black balloon for a while, as it also beats on the Boss and the newer PP GT for its intended purpose.

Last edited:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
You are totally forgetting that the z28 paved the way for the gt350. That those balloons (kickass comeback btw) DOMINATED the muscle car handling category. This 112" partbin car, CRUSHED the Boss 302 LS and gt500. It also is faster than the base gt350 and the gt350 track pack.

Also, please make sure that you always remember how the GT350R borrowed GM's magneride in order to make it happen. Not to mention the straight stolen z28 rear wing that you will find on the gt350 track pack.

:lol:

I think I will be keeping my black balloon for a while, as it also beats on the Boss and the newer PP GT for its intended purpose.
No, I didn't forget that... the z28 was the street, the GT350 rode on it.

Let's not forget the Boss 302??? Or the original GT350 in which the z28 owes it life.

I remember a 2012 Grand Am, GS Class compliant Boss 302.

Then I remember a 2014 z28 coming along with a 2 liter, 60hp and 100tq advantage, as well as a PtW ratio advantage in equipment nowhere near class spec, costing YOU $30,000 more and being very inefficient... like being permitted hilarious waivers so it could win a title :lol:

Remember, Chevy charged you $75,000 for that. They designed it like an idiot, not thePill. I'm sorry you are out $75,000... You can get one now for $55,000 :(

Let's not forget that ;)

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
No, I didn't forget that... the z28 was the street, the GT350 rode on it.

Let's not forget the Boss 302??? Or the original GT350 in which the z28 owes it life.

I remember a 2012 Grand Am, GS Class compliant Boss 302.

Then I remember a 2014 z28 coming along with a 2 liter, 60hp and 100tq advantage, as well as a PtW ratio advantage in equipment nowhere near class spec, costing YOU $30,000 more and being very inefficient... like being permitted hilarious waivers so it could win a title :lol:

Remember, Chevy charged you $75,000 for that. They designed it like an idiot, not thePill. I'm sorry you are out $75,000... You can get one now for $55,000 :(

Let's not forget that ;)

Because I havent forgotten that, I am a fan of both cars/brands. I know it is a difficult concept, but all it takes is objectivity and impartiality. The pill should try sometime.

I also didnt pay anywhere close to that $75k for my balloon. Must have me confused.

Anyway, its been a nice chat...

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Because I havent forgotten that, I am a fan of both cars/brands. I know it is a difficult concept, but all it takes is objectivity and impartiality. The pill should try sometime.

I also didnt pay anywhere close to that $75k for my balloon. Must have me confused.

Anyway, its been a nice chat...
I'm glad you didn't get ripped off like the faithful first adopters.

I'm not going to be impartial to parts bin, shared platform passed off as class, b@llsh!t garbage.

That's thePill's opinion, ignore him from now on.

If your a fan of both then you are in luck. Trade that overpriced Sedan in on a 2017 GT350. Then I couldn't say sh!t... As of now, you bought the wrong car.

Last edited:

thehunterooo

Established Member
A couple members over there got real gay, real quick. I don't mind the bans or limits but some of those guys are... interested in thePill's um... "private" photos... a little too much.

I don't mind the attention but don't be creepy on FB. I have a Fan-Crowd and it appears they are primarily very creepy, 18-35 aged, white males :( who prefer my semi-nude recovery photos oppose to the vehicles and race-cars, SEMA projects and personal cars I post there.

Anyway, Mrs.Pill loves the Grabber Blue GT350. If we don't get hassled, we will be getting one. I just picked up a '66 GT as well and trying to grab a '76 Cobra II with a '66 Shelby 289. The Cobra II is so much fun but the owner wants too much. Got rid of the '11 Strip GT and the '67 GT shell :(

...I grabbed a '93 Fox Vert for the summer.

Oh my lol you do have a massive following that is for sure.

I am torn on the GB 350, I had a 14 GB and loved the color but I am not sure it works on the S550, have to see one in person I think (still have not seen a 350 in the flesh yet :( ).

That being said we need GHIG back as well. That is the only color I want over CO at this point.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Oh my lol you do have a massive following that is for sure.

I am torn on the GB 350, I had a 14 GB and loved the color but I am not sure it works on the S550, have to see one in person I think (still have not seen a 350 in the flesh yet :( ).

That being said we need GHIG back as well. That is the only color I want over CO at this point.
They just video'd the new Mach 1, man it sounds AWESOME!!!

Where the GT350 sounds like a Sports Car, the Mach 1 sounds deep. Probably NA, no SC.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEyQuqws21r/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread