MotorWeek 2003 Cobra review video

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
Yeah that's the Car and Driver TV review. Until yesterday it was the only video review from a magazine I was able to find

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
Good Find.

I bought my coupe new. I had forgotten how much more the Vert was back than. Now days the Coupes go for a bit more. I had also almost bought the Comp Orange .... I was even doing the paperwork on it and than had switched to Torch Red thinking The Orange would draw to much attention.....

It does bring back the memories and the feeling of my first test drive in one!

Great Post and Thread!

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
One error I noticed was them saying the car came with " big brembos " (3:08).
Yeah I heard that too and wondered if he was referring to the calipers or the rotors...neither of which are made by Brembo, regardless lol

52merc

Established Member
The original video (with the ZY cars) claimed a design change in the IRS subframe. I was not aware that there was a difference 01 to 03. What is the difference?

52merc

Established Member
The original video (with the ZY cars) claimed a design change in the IRS subframe. I was not aware that there was a difference 01 to 03. What is the difference?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Incorrect. The rotors were sourced from Brembo. That information is not hard to find.

joe, your website - as what i consider the bible for all things terminator - was the first place i looked to see if brembos were mentioned before i posted, but you don't have that info on there. i stand corrected!

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Most of the changes to the IRS are peripheral for the Terminator (sway bar, springs, shafts, cross-brace). The cradle itself was given slightly different bushings and the rear upper mounting points for the trailing links were moved slightly - supposedly for better roll steer. The entire cradle did have a different part number compared to the '99-01: 2R3Z-5D042-AA.

As for the brakes, the rotors were just mentioned in passing on my site, but I added a thumbnail just in case on the Brakes & Wheels page.

Last edited:

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Lol its funny, spend so much time on here and driving my car I forget these were 13.*s at 10*mph cars. Obviously tires and full bolt ones gets you low 11s but just funny to hear.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Since the server for this site is apparently run out of someones basement and editing or quoting has become a hassle, cont'd from previous post...

Front%20OEM%20brakes.jpg

Should have saved an OE set I had from many years ago - they were in the Brembo boxes with the Ford p/n on them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread