Motorcycle ???'s

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
I have been considering getting a bike for something like 8 years now. Was close a couple times purchasing one, but one thing or another always came up.

My big question is where can I get insurance cheap??? I was just looking to get a CBR600RR. The cheapest quote I got online so far is from progressive for 1426.00 a year. Thats with the highest deductibles. I would be looking to pay cash so I guess I would only need the full coverage for maybe 6-7 <---(maybe) months outta the year.

Any suggestions at to where to get a quote from??

Insurance and the wife will be the deal breaker this time around. :p

Lets hope the wife doesnt go :cuss: .

:beer:

philip

Tweet Tweet Bitch
Established Member
i have recently priced bike insurance for myself and got 80/month from state farm (they also insure my house and lightning) im 21 and have 1 accident. hope this helps

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
philip said:
i have recently priced bike insurance for myself and got 80/month from state farm (they also insure my house and lightning) im 21 and have 1 accident. hope this helps

Ill give them a call later in the day. I am currently insured through AAA and they do not insure "sport" bikes. The brother in law, who just sold his 929RR, had his insured through Allstate with his lightning and house etc and he is married 29 years old at the time and he was charged around 2k a year. :bored:

I am 26, married, and have a spotless record for the past 8 years.

Thanks

:pop:

Menace-01Cobra

Cobra Junkie
Established Member
Fn'sh!t^ said:
I have been considering getting a bike for something like 8 years now. Was close a couple times purchasing one, but one thing or another always came up.

My big question is where can I get insurance cheap??? I was just looking to get a CBR600RR. The cheapest quote I got online so far is from progressive for 1426.00 a year. Thats with the highest deductibles. I would be looking to pay cash so I guess I would only need the full coverage for maybe 6-7 <---(maybe) months outta the year.

Any suggestions at to where to get a quote from??

Insurance and the wife will be the deal breaker this time around. :p

Lets hope the wife doesnt go :cuss: .

:beer:

Only one place Progressive. $60 a year. They specialize in Motorcycles. I dod see a Gieco commercial saying they were also, but I don't know pricing. Do not try to buy it from Nationwide.

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
If you get a new bike, are making payments, and have no other lines with the insurance company, they are going to RAPE you.

I had several lines with State Farm, no accidents, no claims, bought the bike outright on a signature loan. If I went down (14 years no bike accidents knock wood) I would just repair it myself and rely on health insurance to take care of me if I survived. So, just the basic insurance to stay legal beagle.

$74 per year. Don't get collision unless the bank requires it, if you go down it's going to be a majority plastic fix (expensive but doable on your own dime) or it's going to be a major enough repair it won't be worth fixing...just sell for parts. Very rare to have one in between.

PC PaiN

Established Member
I have my Harley insurance through foremost. Some of my buddies go through Geico. I work at a Harley Dealer and the Allstate guys recently came in and said they are getting into the bike insurance game good right now.

Bass

pour me another
Established Member
i just priced my insurance for my bike. it is 200 if i add it to my truck policy and 400 on its own. and thats for a year. no collision.

Swing

lovestolaunch
Established Member
neither I, or any of my friends ride with insurance. This is the trick. Sign up for insurance, pay the first month or whatever, when they send you an insurance card, cancel. Now if you ever get pulled over (which should never happen unless you are not a seasoned driver and cant get away) you will not be arrested for driving without insurance, all they do is check you got a card and give it back. The only downside to this of course is getting in an accident. Like when i dumped my bike, i had nothing to report it too. I had to salvage bike for what it was worth. That was just unlucky on my part i guess. But i've had friends that have bikes 5+ and 10+ years and never had insurance and never dumped that specific bike and had to get it repaired. So i guess it really depends on how much the bike is. 1000-5000 i wouldnt insure. Brand new bike though, $10,000+ you should insure. And if you are a new rider, insure either way. Unless its a p.o.s. bike.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
Swing said:
neither I, or any of my friends ride with insurance. This is the trick. Sign up for insurance, pay the first month or whatever, when they send you an insurance card, cancel. Now if you ever get pulled over (which should never happen unless you are not a seasoned driver and cant get away) you will not be arrested for driving without insurance, all they do is check you got a card and give it back. The only downside to this of course is getting in an accident. Like when i dumped my bike, i had nothing to report it too. I had to salvage bike for what it was worth. That was just unlucky on my part i guess. But i've had friends that have bikes 5+ and 10+ years and never had insurance and never dumped that specific bike and had to get it repaired. So i guess it really depends on how much the bike is. 1000-5000 i wouldnt insure. Brand new bike though, $10,000+ you should insure. And if you are a new rider, insure either way. Unless its a p.o.s. bike.

What A DUMBASS.

Swing

lovestolaunch
Established Member
be careful im from chicago too, i just might find you and beat your ass. :poke:

Bass

pour me another
Established Member
Swing said:

can't do that in mass. when your insurance expires they cancel your registration after a certain amount of time.. plus that is just stupid. one of the main reasons behind insurance is to cover SOMEONE ELSE in an accident. not just your bike. so have fun paying someones medical bills and to repair their car when you broadside them.

Swing

lovestolaunch
Established Member
if i broadside them bad enough to where them and their car is THAT damaged. Ill probably be dead, let em sue me.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
35, married, clean record, 2003 Kawasaki Z1000 is 36 per month, FULL coverage through State Farm. Cobra, Lightning and house insured through them as well, but the bike is on a separate policy.

Users who are viewing this thread