Which would you buy?

• Bike 1 - 2001 R1

Votes: 22 41.5%
  • Bike 2 - 2005 600rr

Votes: 31 58.5%

• Total voters

NateV8

Established Member
Looking to buy a bike soon and I've narrowed it down to these two choices.

Bike 1

2001 Yamaha R1 - $2700
-friend is selling it, 5 mins from me.
-3900 miles
-laid down, plastics were replaced with Yamaha parts, clean title
-Jardine slip on, Ohlins steering stabilizer, new tires

2005 Honda CBR600rr - $3000obo, gonna offer around $2700
-1.5 hours away
-4900 miles
-laid down, repaired with Honda parts, rebuilt OH title
-Yoshimura slip on

Anyone know if I'll have trouble transferring/registering the CBR in PA, since it has a rebuilt OH title?

CBR

r74n5f.jpg

R1

o0uejo.jpg

34e56z4.jpg

2d12vdf.jpg

I'd like to get it looking like this over winter. (these are also 2001s)

sdnxgl.jpg

2wcmj38.jpg

Svt4ever22

Established Member
I'd never buy a bike with a rebuilt title. My cousin Kupon bought a rebuilt 2005 R6. When he was cruising with his bro's on the highway, the RE-WELDED frame broke in half. Luckily most of the back half stayed together and he was able to wheelie to a 7-11 and call his G/F to pick him up. Think they bought some chips or some snacks while they were at the store. Like some beef jerky or some shit.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Not even a comparison.. I had an 01 R1. With sprockets and jets, the bike was a BEAST. A 600 is like driving a 400 horse civic. It's no fun till you spin it to the moon. The R1 will pull the tire anytime over 4k rpm

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

NateV8

Established Member
I'd never buy a bike with a rebuilt title. My cousin Kupon bought a rebuilt 2005 R6. When he was cruising with his bro's on the highway, the RE-WELDED frame broke in half. Luckily most of the back half stayed together and he was able to wheelie to a 7-11 and call his G/F to pick him up. Think they bought some chips or some snacks while they were at the store. Like some beef jerky or some shit.

LMFAO:lol:

SVTPete83

Established Member
First bike? Get the 600. It would be better to learn on. Not first bike. Go r1 and don't look back!

stang1971

Established Member
lmao@ the r1 comments... 99% of riders cant ride a bike to its potential... there is no need for a liter bike on the street unless you just cant ride for shit... i have no issue keeping up with liter bikes unless its a long straight away... i have had a 05 600rr and the bike was a blast to ride.. not comfy.. but a blast.,.. after having 2 liter bikes and going back to a 600.. a 600 is a great bike with plenty of power... a 600 geared right and the suspension set up for the rider can make a world of difference. what every you do... GET GOOD RIDING GEAR!!! dont go cheap on a helmet or jacket... it will help save ur life in the event of a accident.

SCMOKN

Established Member
lmao@ the r1 comments... 99% of riders cant ride a bike to its potential... there is no need for a liter bike on the street unless you just cant ride for shit... i have no issue keeping up with liter bikes unless its a long straight away... i have had a 05 600rr and the bike was a blast to ride.. not comfy.. but a blast.,.. after having 2 liter bikes and going back to a 600.. a 600 is a great bike with plenty of power... a 600 geared right and the suspension set up for the rider can make a world of difference. what every you do... GET GOOD RIDING GEAR!!! dont go cheap on a helmet or jacket... it will help save ur life in the event of a accident.

Agree 100% Although I do love the new R1's.

tistan

Established Member
I never liked the way the old r1 and r6s handled. I voted for the newer bike with newer and better suspension.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
If its your first bike...Ninja 650r

if its not the Honda

Look 99.999999% of people cannot ride a 600 SS bike to its limits.

that being said, the R1 and the 1000rr are two of the coolest looking bikes ever made (from japan anyway)

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I've never like the extra effort it takes to lean a Yamaha... Seems much harder than Suzuki. I had an 01 r6 and 06 gixxer so take that for what it's worth. Why not a gixxer 750? Best of both worlds.

ctubbs

Established Member
I've actually owned both of those bikes at the same time a few years ago. If you want the power of a R1, buy a newer one that's fuel injected. I traded my 01 R1 for a 06 1000RR, and it made my r1 feel slow and unbalanced. I would always jump on my 600RR and take it anywhere. Best bike I've had. Light, responsive and great for in-town riding. I thought the throttle response on my R1 was sloppy compared to my 600. But that's just the difference between carberated and fuel injection. But if you want to ride wheelies on the interstate get the bigger bike. But I would buy another 600 before I would get a 1000 if I had the option again. Good luck, be safe.

gt347mustang

Established Member
I've had both.

They're both excellent bikes. The 600 feels much better in the corners, but the r1 was balls fast.

Id go with the honda since its your first bike. Don't worry, it'll still be plenty fast to kill yourself.

clbailey

Established Member

What kinda chips? I normally go for salt and vinegar. I don't do 7-11 hot dogs anymore, most stores buns are old and take away from the potential flavor of the hot dog.

Users who are viewing this thread