Motorcraft oil & filter, prices going up???

Juiced-03

Established Member
I have used Motorcraft oil and filters exclusively since owning the car so I have noticed the prices are going up considerably. Just last year I was able to change my oil for around $12 buying everything at Autozone. Now it's a little over $20! For a while there Walmart stopped selling Motorcraft products but now they have them back on the shelves. I might have to check their prices again.

I was looking at other oil brands, and they were either much cheaper or way more expensive. The only reason I like the Motorcraft stuff is my car has 53,000 miles all with Motorcraft oil so I figure why change if it has gone this long. And I'm not paying $6+ per quart for that high quality stuff :nono:

Just wondering if anyone else noticed the price hike.

Hye

Established Member
that's the attitude I had, especially since my local dealership is the only one who carries motorcraft around me, same price as mobil 1 synthetic at autozone! so I switched to synthetic and couldnt be happier.

2814v

Established Member
I have not noticed it, but I stock up on oil and filters. When ever I have to go to walmart or autozone for something I buy a couple qts and a filter. I use the ford smi-syn in my sport trac and my wife's mazda van. The same ford filter fits all three, 4.6 v8 in the cobra, 4.0 v-6 in the sport trac and 3.0 v-6 in the mazda. The motorcraft oil filters are some of the best on the market. I do use mobil1 full synthetic in the cobra and vetts, but because I put such few miles on them I only change them one or two times a year, full synthetic mobil1 is almost twice the cost of the ford synthetic blend. If my cobra was a daily driver I would have no problem using the motorcraft oil, but I would not use straight dino oil. Stick with a synthetic blend.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Yes Motorcraft went up...
But I believe all oils went up...
Heck look at the freaking crude barrel prices!

I use Motorcraft 5w30 synth blend in the Navi and the 89 wagon...
I used to use just Royal Purple in everything..
But when Ford switched the 5w30 to synth blend I went back to Motorcraft for the grocery getters.

It is very good stuff and not really very expensive at all.

Cobra still gets all Royal Purple.... from stem to stern. :thumbsup:

Juiced-03

Established Member
hmm, Ok thanks guys. Just making sure it wasn't my local Autozones trying to get my money. Last year it was around $1.29 per quart and now it's $2.49! Almost double. The filter went up some as well.

I put a lot of mile on my car so that's the only reason I don't use the full synthetic. I change my oil so often that the extra money would be a waste. Full synthetic was around $6 per quart! I have heard great things about Royal Purple though!

Hye

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
indeed if you dont extend the oil change interval then there's no reason to spend extra on synthetic.

if you change it every time you park next to a dirty car, why spend $6/qt?

because that dirty car is contageous!

texaswrx

Established Member
Didn't find it last time at WAlly world. Thanks for letting new owners like myself that I can find it at Vatozone as well!

Juiced-03

Established Member
texaswrx said:
Didn't find it last time at WAlly world. Thanks for letting new owners like myself that I can find it at Vatozone as well!

No problem. I only bought it at Walmart once because they took it off the shelves. It was a little cheaper than Autozone at the time. It is now back on the shelves at my Walmart so maybe try another location if you have one near you. Walmart never seemed to have enough of it on their shelf for even one oil change, so it's probably a heavy hitter. Asking the auto department lead would be a waste of time.

95RioRed

Established Member
so here is a question ... I normally use Mobil synth-blend in my cars it is about 2.50 a quart or so (or it was). how does this stuff do in these Cobras?

texaswrx

Established Member
Jimmysidecarr said:
Oh dear... I nearly did the beer throught the nostrils thing right there!!!

VATOZONE!!!
Freaking priceless!!! :rockon:
I picked that up from a hispanic guy I work with at the refinery. I laughed as well!

I will check Wally world again.

Users who are viewing this thread