Motor Trend top speed run?

Kevin P

Established Member
Reading comments on youtube.com is like looking through a window pane into the idiot asylum. Every single video, no matter what the topic, has a multitude of idiotic comments.

fangstang

Established Member
Reading comments on youtube.com is like looking through a window pane into the idiot asylum. Every single video, no matter what the topic, has a multitude of idiotic comments.

welcome to the internet.

Shhhh

Established Member
It's amusing to say the least. When the Camaro ZL1 is clearly out of its league, it spawns the "We have the Z06/ZR1" comments.

That speaks volumes for the 2013 GT500 when you have Corvette guys starting to defend their platforms.

I agree :burnout:

:rockon:

Draiter

Established Member
Great thing about that video is if you listen closely at the beginning the car sounds like a jet as it starts to approach the camera....

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
they announced that top speed run on an episode last week, with the whole running from the cops gimmick. Cant wait to see, it sounded nasty as it passed by!

and yes, youtube must be where all the chevy fanboys hangout....lulz at the " we have the Z06/ZR1" comments

Last edited:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
I find it flattering when everyone compares the Mustang to the Vette, but I've always wondered why they never compare the Camaro to the Vette. :lol1:

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
Unicorn? They are every where! Lol but I got what your saying. It's cool to see "a little mustang" compared to the vettes :). Not so little anymore now huh :))

zr1gerhardt

You can't outrun ugly!
Established Member
It's amusing to say the least. When the Camaro ZL1 is clearly out of its league, it spawns the "We have the Z06/ZR1" comments.

That speaks volumes for the 2013 GT500 when you have Corvette guys starting to defend their platforms.

Not all of us are defending!

Some of us will be buying a GT500.

I have always been a Chevy guy, but Ford deserves credit for what it is doing. Not only the GT500, but the Explorer, Edge and other platforms all are very nice built cars.

I will proudly put the GT500 next to the ZR1 in my driveway.

It makes me wonder why some of us end up chevy vs ford guys. We should just enjoy great built cars, and this is a good time to be a car fan.

Scott

BigDan

Established Member
Great thing about that video is if you listen closely at the beginning the car sounds like a jet as it starts to approach the camera....

And that's with Ford's stupid ugly intake silencer, remove that and replace it with the $50 FRPP (factory looking) delete tube and it will let every last bit of the new 5.8L's sweet sound be heard all the way to 7,000rpm at 14psi. :rockon:

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
And that's with Ford's stupid ugly intake silencer, remove that and replace it with the $50 FRPP (factory looking) delete tube and it will let every last bit of the new 5.8L's sweet sound be heard all the way to 7,000rpm at 14psi. :rockon:

very first mod im doing is that resonator delete...i might actually order it before the car arrives. By all accounts the intake is exactly the same on this one as with the 10-12 models :beer:

SSThunder

Established Member
mustangs have been comparable to vettes since 2003 IMO

what have you been smoking since 2003 lol

Not all of us are defending!

Some of us will be buying a GT500.

I have always been a Chevy guy, but Ford deserves credit for what it is doing. Not only the GT500, but the Explorer, Edge and other platforms all are very nice built cars.

I will proudly put the GT500 next to the ZR1 in my driveway.

It makes me wonder why some of us end up chevy vs ford guys. We should just enjoy great built cars, and this is a good time to be a car fan.

Scott

Well you have nut hugger Ford/Chevy people IMO. I like fast cars/trucks period but there are always the people who will defend "their" brand no matter what.

fangstang

Established Member

They still put those in the newer mustangs? damn, i had one on my 01 cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread