motor question

vnms96

Established Member
i have the chance to pick up a fresh 99 lincoln avaitor 4.6 4v. the guy says its the same as a cobra motor, is that true? and would it go right in place of the motor in my 96? the price is to good to pass up if it will work. oh yea its motor only. no intake or stuff like that.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
It is the same as a manual trans Mach motor except that it has a different intake and has a cast crank.

vnms96

Established Member
its a long block. it doesnt come with an intake. will my intake and other parts work on this motor?

vnms96

Established Member
ok so what will i need to make it work in there? wouldn't that motor be better then the original?

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
You will need an intake from a Mach or 99/01 Cobra, throttle and cruise cables, and a coolant crossover. I also think the front cover is different, but I'm not sure.

vnms96

Established Member
he wants 1200 for the motor. the bottom end has been checked and is in perfect order and the heads have just been freshened up. would it be worth it?

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
You will also have to modify your fuel rails to bolt to the mach 1 or 99/01 intake. Or just buy aftermarket ones(aeromotive, upr, etc.)

vnms96

Established Member
well i went and bought a yukon this morning, so now i'm not in such a hurry to get this done. i can take my time and do it right. any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread