Motherf***ing DOT Paint trucks!!!

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
On my way out of town this afternoon I drove through FRESH yellow reflective road paint while making a left turn onto a side street.. No signs anywhere. No trucks anywhere to be seen. No workers saying fresh paint. Long story short, both driver's side tires have paint on them. Both wheel wells are now speckled yellow and it's up the side of the car... To make matters worse I have a black car with up to now, a near perfect finish. Help please! I need advice to get this stuff off tomorrow without damaging my paint. :shrug: Thanks in advance guys!

Last edited:

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Contact GDOT and they should pay for it to be fixed. Happened to my bro just 2 weeks ago. DOT picked up the tab and paid for a new paint job.

T0RCH3D

Established Member
You should be able to remove with a clay bar and the right product, I would use CarPro Trix as my first option. As mentioned though see if DOT with cover your repair expenses if you would rather take to a shop.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
Thanks for the help guys. I'm waiting on a call back from DOT right now. Of course the person won't answer their phone...

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
I got it off with a spray wand at the car wash. I'll have to hit the fender liners with a little undercoating though. And it would NOT come off the tires. So, I'll be calling DOT back to see about helping with tires.

greenscobie86

Established Member
Get 'em to pay. Had something similar happen to my 96 Cobra, ended up using Mineral Spirits/Brushes/Rags to get most of it off the wheel wells...
Paint was easier since i had a good coat of Collinite 845 on my car at the time of occurrence.

Best of luck!

mike.b

Established Member
From what I've heard, most DOT offices will not be helpful at all with this kind of thing. Hope thats not the case for you! I'd be pissed no doubt

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
I got State Farm involved and they went after GDOT for me. All of a sudden DOT is happy to help. :dw: So, it will be taken care of soon. :rockon:

Blown38

Established Member
Not supposed to be crossing yellow lines.:nonono: Just sayin. Better go back to driving school.;-)

Joking with ya.

Users who are viewing this thread