Most noticeable suspension mods?

01s281

Established Member
I was wondering what were the most effective suspension mods you guys have done. There is so much you can buy but Im sure some are more noticeable than others. So far all I have is lowering springs on my 04 coupe.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
For me, so far, it would be my subframe connectors. I have a bunch of poly. bushings for my IRS though and that's going to be a huge improvement.

Last edited:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Coilovers would be a very noticeable mod as you can pick what spring rate you want along with what ride height. Adjustable shocks and struts would make a big difference, as would subframe connectors and IRS bushings. Another cheap noticeable mod is the aluminum steering rack bushings, they don't help with handling but make the steering feel 1000x better.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
My choices:

FL subframe connectors,
Bruce's complete IRS bushing kit,
lowering springs,
C/C plates.

:beer:

black_on_black

Got Boost?
Established Member
How do I get a hold of this BRUCE fellow that you guys keep talking about? Considering that there isn't a SEARCH button any more, I can't find this guy. And there isn't a MEMBER list button either. Anyone got a link. I'm looking to buy stuff from him, but can't find him.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Suspension Up-grade....

1. Install Bruce's Full Kit with Grease fittings and Bolts
Install M.M. F. Length Sub-frame Connectors
Install 1/2 coil cut Coupe Springs if it's a Vert.
Install B.F. Brace, flush and fill and re-seal R. Diff.
Install M.M C/C Plates
Get a good 4 wheel alignment
Consider the rear bump-steer kit from Bruce, AC 427. He is a great guy and his set-up was by far the best mod. I've made to my 03 Vert. Wish I'd done it first. If you are having a shop do it, try to do it all at once to save some labor costs.

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
You coupe guys noticed a difference adding subframes to the car?

I put some beefy custom made s/f's on my 96 Cobra, but I didn't drive the car soon enough before/after. I got it back a week later. I had the blower, dyno, and subframes all installed at once.

twhitey

Established Member
I have a coupe and havent noticed a huge change but only have 60 miles or so on the car since.

Users who are viewing this thread