Most comfortable lowering springs

Ryan12

Established Member
Hey guys just picked up a 2012 5.0 and they have some lowering springs on it that frankly beat the hell out of you on the highway. I want to keep the look but have a better softer ride. Please give me your experiences with different springs and what you prefer. Also should I look into changing out shocks and struts first or do it all over again?

Vik912

Established Member
Do you know what springs you have on the car right now? Also, are you sure you still have the factory shocks and struts on the car?

It would suck if you went with springs based on the recommendation of the forum, and you end up buying the same springs that are on the car already. Remember, what's soft for one person, is a back breaker for another person.

jdcobra

Established Member
Do you know what springs you have on the car right now? Also, are you sure you still have the factory shocks and struts on the car?

It would suck if you went with springs based on the recommendation of the forum, and you end up buying the same springs that are on the car already. Remember, what's soft for one person, is a back breaker for another person.

Bmr springs are the closest to stock which is why a lot of people buy them. Of course people will have their opinions

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
More than likely the car is currently riding on some combination of roush struts and springs since he said it has some roush goodies on it.

Going for broke

Established Member
I'm running steeda sports with koni yellows and honestly at full soft on the shocks struts the ride is great. Slightly more taunt but much more controlled then stock.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Springs and struts are a combo for a nice ride. I have Steeda sports, with takico d- specs which give you adjustability essential for good ride quality!

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
The 2 best progressive springs out there IMO and from hearing our customer reviews is either the BMR or ROUSH Springs.

Both have a low enough drop where you will not loose the ride quality but still give you the stance you want. Both will also allow the best transfer they can offer for being a lowering spring.

***Both in stock***

...Mark...

Established Member
I'm guessing its roush springs on stock shocks/struts from what you have told us and suspect. I'm thinking the stock stuts/shocks may be spent and it's not a spring issue at all. Pull off a wheel and take a look.

burke985

Established Member
you're lowering the car so get the stock cadillac ride out of your head , its not gonna happen

Ryan12

Established Member
No the car is already lowered, I know it won't ride like a Cadillac, I just don't like rolling down the highway getting beat up.

Ryan12

Established Member
I figured out my car has a full Eibach sport line set up the car is all red under neath, struts. shocks, springs, sway bars.

Users who are viewing this thread