Most Comfortable Lowering Spring?

phfelts

Established Member
I'm currently lowered on Eibach Sportlines and Koni Yellows, and I've been throwing around the idea of changing the suspension on my car to something more comfortable. I got stationed in Hawaii last year, so my car won't see any track days for at least the next three years. The sport lines were fine when I was still living in AZ, but out here they have trouble coping with the massive potholes and abnormally large speed bumps. :mj:

I love the ride height of the car from a looks stand point, but I wouldn't mind it sitting a little higher to avoid bottoming out on every big bump I hit. What springs would you guys recommend for a more comfortable ride?

Paul.

Established Member
Steeda Sports and Koni Str.T. (Oranges)

Easily the best riding setup around. I've had it for years, and daily drive my car. I chose this setup specifically because of the ride quality. It will lower the car about an inch, so you'll have enough height to get over bumps, and a nice ride.

Paul.

phfelts

Established Member
Steeda Sports and Koni Str.T. (Oranges)

Easily the best riding setup around. I've had it for years, and daily drive my car. I chose this setup specifically because of the ride quality. It will lower the car about an inch, so you'll have enough height to get over bumps, and a nice ride.

Paul.

Thanks! I figure I'll keep the Koni Yellows since I've already shelled out the cash for them. At least by keeping them, I can stiffen them up if I decide to do any sort of auto cross or anything like that while I'm on island.

evil281

Established Member
I would also look at the BMR SP009, the spring rates are not very stiff so its a very comfortable ride and has a very nice stance.

lsxjunkie

Established Member
BMR SP009s by far. They are 165lb. front and 160lb. rear and a 1.5" drop all around. Steeda Sports are 200lbs front and 175lbs rear with less drop.

I ended up with the springs I have, which are 148lb. front and 167lb. rear because I didn't want to have to reset the rear geometry with an adjustable PHB and UCA, only to spend the money again when I eventually get a Watts Link.

Famine

Established Member
Sounds like from what I have read, the BMR SP009 would be the best in terms of softness and still has a beautiful drop. I guess different strokes for different folks though. I feel like for me, I would want handling. Nothing will be as bad as say coilovers. If I were to go soft, the BMR would fit the bill however.

phfelts

Established Member
Sounds like from what I have read, the BMR SP009 would be the best in terms of softness and still has a beautiful drop. I guess different strokes for different folks though. I feel like for me, I would want handling. Nothing will be as bad as say coilovers. If I were to go soft, the BMR would fit the bill however.

I've liked BMR's stuff so far, so I was also considering their stuff, but I've gotten a little lost lately in their larger product line. I'll check the SP009s as well.

BMR Tech

Our SP009 springs do improve handling. OEM rates are in the 125F/150R area.

Konis, our SP009, our SB041, and our WL005 Watts, that is the combo I designed as package. "Soft spring, big bar, and watts"....best street-able handling set up. ;)

phfelts

Established Member
Our SP009 springs do improve handling. OEM rates are in the 125F/150R area.

Konis, our SP009, our SB041, and our WL005 Watts, that is the combo I designed as package. "Soft spring, big bar, and watts"....best street-able handling set up. ;)

I've been following the progress of your watts link, and it does look like it's going to be a nice kit. I've got your adjustable pan hard bar at the moment, so I'll probably keep that for the immediate future. If I move somewhere closer to a race track or curvy mountain roads again, then I think I'd be ready to go with the watts link setup.

tj@steeda

Established Member
The Steeda Sport springs are one of most popular springs! You can check out some customer testimonials here:

Ordered the Sport springs as I didn't want to drop the car too far and run in to issues with ride quality. Installed them today and went on a roadtrip on some curvy streets nearby. Ride over bumps and uneven lanes was almost exactly like stock! This was a huge plus for me as I daily drive mine. The stance was dropped and appropriately and the springs definitely helped with the launch and nose dive under breaking as well as helped keep the car flat during cornering. Couldn't be happier!!! - See more at: http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-sport-springs-05-14-555-8216/#sthash.VxQhSXgj.dpuf

LIVING CLOSE TO THE STEEDA OFFICES I WENT DOWN AND SPOKE WITH DON. HE SUGGESTED I GO WITH THE SPORT SPRINGS AFTRR WE SPOKE FOR AWHILE AND I'M GLAD I DID. THE CAR LOOKS GREAT AND THE RIDE IS SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER THAN STOCK AND MUCH MORE OF WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR IN REGARDS TO HAVING A FUN CAR TO DRIVE IN EVERYDAY DRIVING CONDITIONS. NICE ADDITION AND RECOMEND. - See more at: http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-sport-springs-05-14-555-8216/#sthash.VxQhSXgj.dpuf

Either way you go ... you will be very happy!

Best Regards,

TJ

BMR Tech

I am interested in your watts link. Still the springs are too soft for my liking.

Gotcha.

If the SP009 are too soft at 165/160 and our SP065 are too stiff at 240/200.....then, at that point, I would have to recommend the Steed Ultralites. I have firsthand experience with them, and they are my favorite spring outside of what we offer.

As for the Watts, I estimate shipping to start in about 15-20 more business days. At $549.5 right now, I would jump on it. ;)

BMR Tech

I've been following the progress of your watts link, and it does look like it's going to be a nice kit. I've got your adjustable pan hard bar at the moment, so I'll probably keep that for the immediate future. If I move somewhere closer to a race track or curvy mountain roads again, then I think I'd be ready to go with the watts link setup.

Awesome!

Just a heads up, due the amount of success we have had with our SP009's over the past few years (thanks SVTP! Probably a major reason!) - we have dropped the price down from $249.95 to $219.95 due to being able to do much large quantities, which reduces cost greatly.

For the price, and what you are after, you can't beat it.

stags

Established Member
Just my .02, I installed Steeda sports last weekend w Koni yellows. Ride is firm but not uncomfortable. It's actually shocking how much more you feel which I like.

When I was shopping the biggest factor was I wanted less rake and the Steeda's are lowered more at the rear. That's personal preference though.

You absolutely cannot go wrong with either option. I've done BMR LCA, ph, and I have LCA relocation brackets and a UCA & mount waiting to go in. Top notch and damn perfectly machined products. I have no doubt that the BMR springs are similarly top quality. Plus Kelly is one of the classiest vendor reps- he will even lend helpful advice when it's not his product.

So to recap both steeds and BMR are good options at it all comes down to what your preferences are

AJstang

Established Member
The BMR springs are linear and the Steeda springs are progressive so how does that play into the comfort the springs provide during daily driving?

stags

Established Member
Progressives are lighter early so they absorb small impacts slightly better. Linear gives you a constant rate so there's no Change in cornering no matter how hard you push it... Progressives change

Users who are viewing this thread