Moroso supercharger tank gasket.

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
3B5A49A6-6B36-42A3-B145-C5F1E921A4C0.jpeg
Anyone experience this before. Sounded like a blow off valve, passenger side windshield with coolant.

happened during a pull. Running fine before On a 3.5 pulley. Put the 3.0 pulley and first real pull.

did I forgot to put the cap on all the way?. Is pressure now to high and that’s something I have to deal with?.
MInnesota winter finally dried out the gasket?. And I should just replace the cap?

olympic

Established Member
You're getting pressure in the IC system. The usual suspect is the O-rings on the pass-through tubes under the blower. How old are the O-rings?

olympic

Established Member
They shouldn't go bad in 4 years but you never know. There are only 3 ways to pressurize IC system. Boost leaking through the pass through O-rings, through a leaking intercooler or by boiling the IC coolant.

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
My issue ended up being a failing IC pump - which cooked the IC fluid

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
^yeah that’s the first thing I checked once back home. Pump is running fine.

I did notice I was a little low of coolant in that tank. I topped it off, and just went for a cruise. I ran it for 30 minutes. In stop and go traffic. Then did a couple pulls and nothing no issues.

I am thinking I had too little coolant in the tank and cooked it. Causing pressure. Thanks guess that’s the best case scenario.

Users who are viewing this thread