More Whipple supercharger responses

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
I was asked to fwd this on in response to the many questions that were asked in the previous Whipple thread. Seems as thought I'm the mouthpiece (just kidding- we appreciate the info if you're reading Dustin)
Maybe I'll get you to create an account of your own soon

:beer:

Quote:

Roger,

I read a few post on the SVT website and wanted know if you can forward this info.

Whipple uses 2.3 Liter and 3.3 Liter compressors. Bell uses a 2.2L.
The Whipples are fully capable of making as much and more power. You will see that the new inlet casting will feature better flow which will equate into more power at the higher boost levels.
We are by all means very interested in the high power setups and fill our setup will prove to be the best for those applications. We just fill that trying to provide a "complete" system including injectors, calibration, pumps, etc. will be somewhat difficult for all the variances and all the products. This is where the tuners will come in.
You will not need the "oil vent reservoir" option as some, the superchargers will hold their oil.
Although we've dealt with low boost levels and OEM applications, were all drag racers! We pioneered the 9.8 Liter race screw compressors that dominated NHRA top alcohol classes as well as many others, were no stranger to performance, just new to the Mustang and Cobra market.

Thank you,
D Whipple
Whipple Superchargers

nj7703

Established Member
That is going to be seriously sweet if they get it to market and it is bulletproof. Leaving the injectors, etc to the tuners is a way to keep cost down, but then it is up to the tuners to get that combo right?. :shrug:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have a feeling the Whipple is going to become the new big brother on the block. It will be interesting to read about the initial product tests.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Originally posted by Wilson & Co
I was asked to fwd this on in response to the many questions that were asked in the previous Whipple thread. Seems as thought I'm the mouthpiece (just kidding- we appreciate the info if you're reading Dustin)
Maybe I'll get you to create an account of your own soon

:beer:

Quote:

Roger,

I read a few post on the SVT website and wanted know if you can forward this info.

Whipple uses 2.3 Liter and 3.3 Liter compressors. Bell uses a 2.2L.
The Whipples are fully capable of making as much and more power. You will see that the new inlet casting will feature better flow which will equate into more power at the higher boost levels.
We are by all means very interested in the high power setups and fill our setup will prove to be the best for those applications. We just fill that trying to provide a "complete" system including injectors, calibration, pumps, etc. will be somewhat difficult for all the variances and all the products. This is where the tuners will come in.
You will not need the "oil vent reservoir" option as some, the superchargers will hold their oil.
Although we've dealt with low boost levels and OEM applications, were all drag racers! We pioneered the 9.8 Liter race screw compressors that dominated NHRA top alcohol classes as well as many others, were no stranger to performance, just new to the Mustang and Cobra market.

Thank you,
D Whipple
Whipple Superchargers

Will the 3.3 Liter be available for the 03 Cobra kit when it is released?

j card

Established Member
Re: Re: More Whipple supercharger responses

Originally posted by esqeddy
Will the 3.3 Liter be available for the 03 Cobra kit when it is released?

I really doubt it - they use that blower on their big block applications. Physical size might be an issue with that one as well.

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
I talked to a distributor of Works today, the Cobra blower will be the 3.3 and price will not be any more than a KB. He was fairly certain that it would be cheaper but did not swear to it.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by 78mphgpr
I talked to a distributor of Works today, the Cobra blower will be the 3.3 and price will not be any more than a KB. He was fairly certain that it would be cheaper but did not swear to it.
So their blower willl have even more capacity than the KB? Very cool. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread