More than half of all new car loans in Canada financed for 84 months

nickf2005

Established Member
Where are these $25,000 trucks? Do tell.
I wasn't specifically talking about brand new trucks for $25,000. That was my point. There's options to get a used vehicle versus a new one at half the cost. However, folks merely look at what they have to pay a month and not what they are investing completely into the purchase.

I believe my truck was a $49,000 MSRP. I got it 2 years old and 45k miles for $29,xxx.

All that shits relative man. To some people $50-75,000 over 7-8 years is not a lot of money. Everyone’s situation is different. Others spend 100s of thousands a year on vehicles.

I get that. I just, personally, believe that if you can't pay cash or have that car paid off in a couple years, you don't need to spend that kind of investment when there's other options available. I enjoy not having a car payment.

Now, if I could just get this mortgage done with.

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

noco5.0

Established Member
The part of these conversations people always leave out is maintenance costs. I think it's stupid to finance a car for 84 months since you will be paying maintenance costs on top of the loan. If you like new cars like I do just lease and move on. True you never own it, but you also never have to pay to fix the car. I bought my Hellcat (60 months) but everything else I have is leased.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I believe my truck was a $49,000 MSRP. I got it 2 years old and 45k miles for $29,xxx.
This is how I would have bought if one like that had been available where I am in NC. I looked for six months and $25,000 trucks around me all have 100-125k on the clock. I bought a new 2017 F150 that stickered at $49K for $39 in early 2018 and called it a day.

BladeX10

Established Member
Only way i'd ever get an 84 month loan is if its a dream car i intend on keeping for a while that i can park in the garage and not drive every day. 84 month loan for a basic ass Accord, HELL NO.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
I paid $11k for my 2003 Chevy 2500HD with 198k miles on it. Got the loan for 72 months at just under 2% and paid it off in two years. I have spent substantially less on repairs than the monthly note on something new. Now she has nearly 260k miles on the clock.

mariusvt

Established Member
The only way I'd consider buying at 72 or 84 is 0% and manufacturer are including 5/60-75k bumper to bumper and 100-120k power train warranties. Otherwise I'll stick to a reasonable payment(sub 350) at 48-60 on a cheaper car or just buy used.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I always try to buy at season clearance time at the end of the month and also try and buy a service loaner.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
The part of these conversations people always leave out is maintenance costs. I think it's stupid to finance a car for 84 months since you will be paying maintenance costs on top of the loan. If you like new cars like I do just lease and move on. True you never own it, but you also never have to pay to fix the car. I bought my Hellcat (60 months) but everything else I have is leased.

A lease isn't always a viable option. I drive way too many miles to lease.

Zemedici

Established Member
Outside of a toy that I intend to modify and do sketch shit with, I will never own another car. My wife and I just appreciate the value a new car brings every two or three years, and having the latest styling/technology is part of that. Now, I speak mainly from a Volvo perspective, but even if I jump ship to another manufacturer, we will probably always lease.

That’s about where I’m at too, tanyas 18 Durango R/T is NICE, just as loaded as my platinum, with half the note lolol

Lease ftw for daily
Toy / thing to mod = buy imo

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Lease ftw for daily
Toy / thing to mod = buy imo
I never really leased a vehicle. I might be interested in leasing a Jeep Trackhawk if they do those. Wouldn't have to mod it because it's already beastly and I can drive it all year round as my daily.
(I did have a lease a LONG time ago, but it don't really seem like a lease as I "leased" it for 3 years. I forget the mileage as I wasn't too concerned because I was going to pay it off and own it before the lease was up. One of the beast vehicles I ever owned as well.)

Zemedici

Established Member
I never really leased a vehicle. I might be interested in leasing a Jeep Trackhawk if they do those. Wouldn't have to mod it because it's already beastly and I can drive it all year round as my daily.
(I did have a lease a LONG time ago, but it don't really seem like a lease as I "leased" it for 3 years. I forget the mileage as I wasn't too concerned because I was going to pay it off and own it before the lease was up. One of the beast vehicles I ever owned as well.)

I’m not sure if you can lease a trackhawk, would surely be worth the inquiry Tony.....

May be an expensive trip to the dealership....

I say do it.

I know you can lease hellcats for DIRT cheap.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m not sure if you can lease a trackhawk, would surely be worth the inquiry Tony.....
May be an expensive trip to the dealership....
I say do it.
I know you can lease hellcats for DIRT cheap.
Definitely a very expensive trip to the dealership Josh. lol
I actually went to my local Jeep/Ram dealership where I buy my trucks and sat in a Trackhawk and checked it out for a bit earlier this month. I can see myself in one/driving one. (The only thing I would have to "mod" would be the tires. I want the good snow tires for winter driving.)

Zemedici

Established Member
Definitely a very expensive trip to the dealership Josh. lol
I actually went to my local Jeep/Ram dealership where I buy my trucks and sat in a Trackhawk and checked it out for a bit earlier this month. I can see myself in one/driving one. (The only thing I would have to "mod" would be the tires. I want the good snow tires for winter driving.)

Sooooooo why aren’t you at Dodge?!

You only get one life Tony

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Stahp.....when ya got it ya got it tony.
Dodge is calling. The cars stock will peel your eyelids back lolol
LOL I'll probably ask about the lease option.
And yes Josh. That Jeep will pull on almost anything that pulls up next to it. I watched so many videos of it. It's a nasty machine. A dude on the Hellcat forum posted his performance of one at the track this past weekend. 100% stock, including tires, and it's stupid quick!

Users who are viewing this thread