More s**t talking from Motor Trend

Mojo03

Established Member
I'd say don't discount the Cobra on the curvies. Compare the g's, too. Rear wheel drive is NOT automatically less capable than all wheel drive. Where the all wheel drive would clearly beat us is on an off road ralley or during a downpour
, but on the road at quite a few more pounds, we've got Evos pretty well smacked down.

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Originally posted by Mojo03
I'd say don't discount the Cobra on the curvies. Compare the g's, too. Rear wheel drive is NOT automatically less capable than all wheel drive. Where the all wheel drive would clearly beat us is on an off road ralley or during a downpour
, but on the road at quite a few more pounds, we've got Evos pretty well smacked down.

Stock for stock on a road course.You do not..Facts are facts.The 03 is a no holds barred brute of an automobile that will hand the Evo it's ass on a straight line.But not on a road course.Not saying the potential isn't there because it is.But not stock.:??:

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Originally posted by 28 fangs
Stock for stock on a road course.You do not..Facts are facts.The 03 is a no holds barred brute of an automobile that will hand the Evo it's ass on a straight line.But not on a road course.Not saying the potential isn't there because it is.But not stock.:??:

Thats until the 05 comes out.;-) :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:
Then the Econobox well have a mirror full of a galloping horse.:eek: :eek:

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Originally posted by Silverstrike
Thats until the 05 comes out.;-) :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:
Then the Econobox well have a mirror full of a galloping horse.:eek: :eek:

:thumbsup: Agreed.....:beer:

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Motor Trend has about as much sense and good information as a French publishing company:dw: ........wait they are run by a French publishing company. And what makes it worse is that Saddam Hussien himself owns millions of shares in that magazine from that French publishing company in return for....stuff. That is where the Iraqi's money is invested, in Saddams own personal account with that publishing company. Oh well I guess that explains why they are full of shit, and refuse to admit that something American kicks ass. Remembering this fact makes me put those car mags all in perspective. Besides how is some french test driver supposed to finish test driving the car, if all of the torque makes him :xpl: ?

svtTom01

Motorboatin' S.O.B
Established Member
Motortrend always chooses the underdogs in the competitions and they would rather have a slow luxury coupe with a really nice looking interior, than an extremely fast coupe with a basic American made crappy interior. I go by driving excitement. A $75,000 dollar car with woodgrain accents and no go doesn't get my adrenaline flowing like a Cobra or Z-06 do and they both have shoddily made interiors-who cares! I say let them bandwagon the Evo and STi and crap like that. If a crapload of people want to get those ricers, so be it then there will be less of the SVT's and higher collectability and value. For instance, when the WRX's were introduced they were going to make less than 10,000 units, but their popularity rose quickly and now they are everywhere! When they double the production numbers and such, the niche goes away.

JMD0346

Established Member
Originally posted by Black3KGT
I think its more of a Mustang diss than an American car diss cuz they LLLLLOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEE Corvettes, Motor Trend is very political.... whoever gives them the most money has the fastest car most of the time. I was checkin some stats and I noticed that when the 03 Cobra fist came out its 1/4 stat was 12.8 and the ZO6(2002) was 12.5(4-6 months ago) now the 03 Cobra is at 13.0 and the ZO6(2002) is 12.4???? Kinda shady, but hey, that means more kills for the cobra cuz evo driver will think their is somin.

Novenber 02 they had the 03 cobra faster than the Z06.

03-12.84 @ 113.18

Z06- 12.85 @ 114.36

Now the cobra cant break 13's.Riiiigghhht. I also have a test of a Z06 when the 405hp came out. They claimed (MT) 3.9 0-60 and 11.9 1/4. The whole mag is full of shit. Granted there are different drivers at different tracks. Every test seems to vary by about .5 second on any car.

Mojo03

Established Member
I've seen '03 Cobras take Z06's in the 1/4. Not by much, but it can be done. Launch good, shift fast...
As for the twisties, maybe we can't hand the Evo it's ass, but I'm betting they will not smoke us. Read up on some of the science comparing 4 wheel versus 2 wheel driving. 4 wheel drive ain't all they're cracked up to be and it also depends on the type of rear end they use. That and, our cars are DESIGNED to be driven hard as in 1000 launches and the rear is still good. Twistees for days and the struts and brakes holdup.

Users who are viewing this thread