More Return Systems ?'s

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
I'm trying to layout my new return system and have a couple of questions. I don't know if I'll need a 2 or 3 pump in-tank system yet. Looking to make about 780rwhp on E-85 with the addition of cams and a built shortblock to the setup in my sig.

Are the FPDM still used in a return system? Where is the preferred place for a fuel pressure regulator, before or after the fuel rails?

lxhatch302

Established Member
If your going to do it, do it once and go with 3 pumps....

No the FPDM is turned off in the tune....

Regulator AFTER rails...

Parts-is-Parts

Established Member
3 pumps, Hobbs switch running the 3rd to come on under boost.
-8 Feed, -6 Return (or use the stock feed line for the return)
Relay for each pump.

bb97gt

Established Member
I agree with lxhatch302, I think you'll be running into the limitations of the 2 pump system. I don't like the Hobbs switch on the third pump, just one more thing to fail IMO.

lxhatch302

Established Member
I agree with lxhatch302, I think you'll be running into the limitations of the 2 pump system. I don't like the Hobbs switch on the third pump, just one more thing to fail IMO.

Agree also on not running a hobbs switch. Try and make the system as fail proof as possible.

Also you can always go with a sumped tank and big external pump. I would of rather of done that then do the fore setup.

SSeatr

Established Member
check out lethal performance, or glennsperformance for return fuel systems.

i bought my setup from glenns complete less rails and injectors...

im running sump tank, -12 to aeromotive pro series pump then -10 feed to y block then to both rails with reg on other side of rails and -8 return

you dont have to run a large pump like mine or magnafuel, you can run inline 2 or 3 pump setups also

Last edited:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm trying to layout my new return system and have a couple of questions. I don't know if I'll need a 2 or 3 pump in-tank system yet. Looking to make about 780rwhp on E-85 with the addition of cams and a built shortblock to the setup in my sig.

Are the FPDM still used in a return system? Where is the preferred place for a fuel pressure regulator, before or after the fuel rails?

I'd recommend going with the triple pump system for that power level. Although you may be able to squeeze by with 2 pumps and some higher rated injectors you'll need to run higher base pressures to do so. So the 3rd pump will help give you the volume that the 2 pump system can't at lower base pressures.

I run the triple pump return setup on my 03 which is E85 powered and it's worked out great for me. I run the 3 pumps full time with no hobbs switch. I also run the 105lb injectors we sell and the car idles and drives great.

The regulator for our dual and triple pump systems are currently placed after the regulator however on my personal car I have the regulator before the rails acting as a y-block and I dead head each rail individually. Either way works without and issues at all. We'll soon be changing our systems over to this setup as again it works without any problems, is a cleaner install and uses less fittings and components so the system will end up costing less.

In regards to the FPDM it's not used in a return style system.

Please feel free to give us a call if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
Thanks for the info everyone. I have checked into lethal's triple return system and actually have several components ordered from there as well. I'll be using the 105's.
I'm thinking a having (3) -6's into a y-block then a -10 thru the filter up to the engine bay. At that point I don't know if I'll y into the rails then back to the regulator and an -8 return or put the regulator before the rails and dead head as black03 has done.

Entrenched

Established Member
Fuel

If you get your kit from Lethal it will come with all the fittings, line, etc and instructions on where and how to mount everything.

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
If you get your kit from Lethal it will come with all the fittings, line, etc and instructions on where and how to mount everything.

I couldn't swing the entire kit at once so I only have a few components on the way. I'm sure there will be some instructions, but I don't know how extensive they will be.
I am interested in a wiring harness they mentioned. I need to find out if it's plug and play or if a bit of electrical savvy is needed.

lxhatch302

Established Member
i would just buy the line you want and get some paper and pen...

Draw up exactly how you want to have your fuel system ran, then order your fittings...

I orderd the Lines and Fittings that comes with lethals kit and wound up ordering a bunch other fittings to run the system the way i wanted...

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
Ok, lets talk wiring. Is it as simple as adjusting the tune to turn off the FRDM's or is there other wiring that is needed?
Any help appreciated.

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
Look into getting two bosch 044 pumps. Buy a sumped tank and plumb it up.

blacknlte

Established Member
I couldn't swing the entire kit at once so I only have a few components on the way. I'm sure there will be some instructions, but I don't know how extensive they will be.
I am interested in a wiring harness they mentioned. I need to find out if it's plug and play or if a bit of electrical savvy is needed.

Ok, lets talk wiring. Is it as simple as adjusting the tune to turn off the FRDM's or is there other wiring that is needed?
Any help appreciated.

Youll need to run the power wire to the battery, ground wire to a good metal ground, cut a few wires and reconnect them to the relays, and have a tune for it. Very simple and the instruction are detailed to were almost anyone can do it.

Ironhand

Banned
Youll need to run the power wire to the battery, ground wire to a good metal ground, cut a few wires and reconnect them to the relays, and have a tune for it. Very simple and the instruction are detailed to were almost anyone can do it.

Thats where I have a question.

Do you put it on the positive battery terminal or to the side of the Fuse block next to the battery?

I only ask because the line will have juice full time. Where as the side of the fuse box is a 12V switched source or so I have been told.

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
You could do a dual walbro setup with Jay racing new 340LPH pumps that will outflow the Bosch 044 pump. I am also going with 80lb. injectors, I am looking for 750rwhp-780rwhp and nothing more. If you want to go over 825rwhp I would go with the 3 pumps. There are several guys on this forum that run E85 with 80lb. and dual Bosch 044's

blacknlte

Established Member
Thats where I have a question.

Do you put it on the positive battery terminal or to the side of the Fuse block next to the battery?

I only ask because the line will have juice full time. Where as the side of the fuse box is a 12V switched source or so I have been told.

If i remember correctly, it goes to the battery terminal but ill check to make sure.

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
Where has everyone put their fuel pressure regulator?

Ironhand

Banned
Where has everyone put their fuel pressure regulator?

Im trying to put mine on the back side of the passenger shock tower but with the fittings on it I dont think it will fit there. Im looking for other spots to put it so I can order the proper fittings.

Users who are viewing this thread