More Fuel - Need Help!

TheWeiser1

Shawn
Established Member
This is probably not the right section to post this so please move to the right section if need be. I find this full of extremely accurate and real world information so I was hoping some of you could assist me. Heres the deal.

Quick background. I have a 2000 Mustang GT, Kenne bell SC'ed built 2v. Is currently making about 450rwhp. Duty cycle is over 90% when wot with a 20a BAP maxed. I have been driving the car for about 4-5 months this way with no issues. Even a track day back in October.

I am looking to replace the fuel pump with one out of a Lincoln aviator. Supposedly flows 310lph which should be plenty with the BAP (might not even need it????).

I called the Ford dealership and they quoted me $535.45 for a replacement out of a 2005 Lincoln Aviator. No f*n way im spending that much for just an aviator pump/assembly as they told me they wouldn't sell just the pump.

So I'm looking for suggestions. I'm trying to keep the price under $350. The future plans for the car include a bigger KB at some point but for the next few years will remain at the same power level.

I know the SVT Focus pumps and GT pumps are cheaper, but I want to be able to use the stock fuel hat/assembly and can keep the 20a BAP if needed. Let me know your suggestions and fuel setups!

More info on the car: Torqued Fords | All Things Ford

Willy Mo

Beat EM' With A Stick
Established Member
yeah i switched to an 03/04 cobra tank, hat and pumps. I also have a 40amp BAP when the time comes to need more fuel.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Walboro.. don't they make a single 255lph size? What size fuel injectors are you using? Is greater than 85% on the injectors a "bad" thing when done for a prolonged period??

crazycarlo

Established Member
i got my aviator pump assembly used for $100. I just did a search on the internet and got it from a parts yard somewhere. Its been on my car for over 2 years no problem. However if u use a high flowing pump do yourself a favor and drill the basket while ur switching pumps.

Users who are viewing this thread