More California stupidity - water limits Bill

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
"As the blog Zero Hedge put it, “it’s now against the law to do laundry and shower on the same day in the Sunshine State,” and they’re not exaggerating. Under the guise of addressing “climate change,” the new bill rations water to a degree that makes it impossible to maintain a healthy home environment."

Tammy Bruce: California's new water rules are making people flee the Golden State

Just wow.

EDIT - the actual Bill itself on the CA Legislature website: https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180AB1668

Last edited:

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
We have water restrictions here in Texas too. Just not a statewide rule. But I haven't been anywhere between Houston and Dallas where there isn't some sort of restriction in place at any given time.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
We have water restrictions here in Texas too. Just not a statewide rule. But I haven't been anywhere between Houston and Dallas where there isn't some sort of restriction in place at any given time.

Yes like you can only use your irrigation on Mon/Thur. They don't set a limit to what you can use inside your house doing laundry, taking showers, etc..

Like the article says, taking a show and doing a load of wash would put you at or over your water limit.

nickf2005

Established Member
In my line of work, California has been the cause of numerous projects and setting the pace for most of our product when it comes to flow rate. We are talking about plumbing fixtures that are regulated to under 1 gallon per minute now. It's a major pain in the buns to give 90% of the consumers what they want while at the same time following their government regulations. This usually leads to SKUs specifically for sale in their state and like models, with higher flow rates, for sale in other states.

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jrandy

Established Member
While California has absolutely retarded laws, this is not actually true. I'm too lazy to summarize the article, but check it out if you're curious:

No, Californians, you won't be fined $1,000 if you shower and do laundry the same day

alright - I'll add in an edit for a few key points:

The two bills, AB 1668 and SB 606, set general guidelines for water agencies to follow in California's post-drought era.

Water agencies will be encouraged to have their customers limit indoor water use to an average of 55 gallons a day per person, declining to 50 gallons by 2030.

and

So what about those $1,000 fines?

Eventually, the new legislation says water providers not following the rules could face fines of up to $1,000 a day, and more if the governor declares a drought emergency.

But it's the water agencies — not individual ratepayers — that would get the fines. Sure, a district could pass those costs onto your water bill, but think dollars and cents instead of thousands out of your bank account.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
you really think that kommiefornia actually won't impost fines on people who use more than the allotted 55 gallons a day? that's coming ..

While California has absolutely retarded laws, this is not actually true. I'm too lazy to summarize the article, but check it out if you're curious:

No, Californians, you won't be fined $1,000 if you shower and do laundry the same day

alright - I'll add in an edit for a few key points:

The two bills, AB 1668 and SB 606, set general guidelines for water agencies to follow in California's post-drought era.

Water agencies will be encouraged to have their customers limit indoor water use to an average of 55 gallons a day per person, declining to 50 gallons by 2030.

and

So what about those $1,000 fines?

Eventually, the new legislation says water providers not following the rules could face fines of up to $1,000 a day, and more if the governor declares a drought emergency.

But it's the water agencies — not individual ratepayers — that would get the fines. Sure, a district could pass those costs onto your water bill, but think dollars and cents instead of thousands out of your bank account.

jrandy

Established Member
you really think that kommiefornia actually won't impost fines on people who use more than the allotted 55 gallons a day? that's coming ..

I wouldn't put it past them one bit. I'm just saying that the information OP had is incorrect.

I'm not defending California at all. Its policies are shit, plain and simple. I just don't like misinformation on anything, no matter which rhetoric it supports.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Hold on, let me look outside...

Yep, still plenty of fresh water here.
I think I am going to splash some pool water on tye pavers and watch it evaporate back unto the atmosphere. Meanwhile on Mars they have found molecules that are life starters.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
We have some water restrictions here.
Odd/even watering. If you live in a home with an even number, you can use as much water as you want on that day, as long as it's an even number day. But, you can use the hose to wash your car or fill a watering can without restriction on any day. You just can't use it to water lawns or use irrigation sprinklers that day.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
If I could have one wish, it wouldn't be wasted on world peace or an end to hunger and disease. Rather, I'd wish KA breaks off from the U.S.A. and ends up in the same place as that missing Malaysian flight. No b.s.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
If I could have one wish, it wouldn't be wasted on world peace or an end to hunger and disease. Rather, I'd wish KA breaks off from the U.S.A. and ends up in the same place as that missing Malaysian flight. No b.s.
Lay off the pipe. Wishes dont come true.

mcaligiuri

Established Member
What if you have to fill your pool? That’s gonna take a full year to fill if that’s what case

Users who are viewing this thread