Modular swap coupes!

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
Just imagine...A notch with a Termi swap, 6spd, IRS, hmmmmm.......Damn, that'd be teh sex...

fivestangs

Established Member
They drive like new, good mpg, cold A/C, no slow start, no heat soak.

yeah, my old 4.6 gt idled smoother than my cobra.
gas mileage? buy a honda
cold a/c...original a/c blows quite cold in my cobra
slow start/heat soak not a problem for me...if you're having these issues they're generally cureable

Im sure im missing a long list.

yep.....you forgot:

* little to no aftermarket support for cylinder heads (compared to what's available for 5.0s)
* little to no aftermarket support for intakes (again, compared to what's available for 5.0s)
* royal pain in the ass to install LT headers with stock crossmembers
* bolt-ons don't to shit for modulars
* 500rwhp is the general rule-of-thumb as to what a stock 5.0 block will take, 400rwhp is more or less the same rule-of-thumb for 2v's (yes, i know the 4vs will outlast 5.0/2v by far)
* wanna do a cam swap... $600 for 2v cams, I'm guessing a grand for 4v cams...yikes!

I'm not doggin on the modulars (the wife's 2007 gt is a sweet car) as I've owned 2 other 2v GTs, but don't be hating on the good old 5.0, especially in the '93 SVT Cobra forum. ;-)

sct11

Established Member
I dont want to come off wrong. 5.0 is a good motor in an original 5.0 car......
These were originally 4 cylinder cars that have been swaped to modular.
I would never swap a true 5.0 car. I didn't mean to offend anyone with a 5.0.
These 4 mod swap cars are my own personal creativity.

fivestangs

Established Member
No offense taken.... I wouldn't have said anything if I had known those were original 4-cylinder cars...as far as I'm concerned, it's those kinds of swaps that will save those cars from going to the crusher, good job!

sct12

Established Member
We were there, the white notch was the only swap car that was represented. My 03 was burning up the brakes at hallet, and a 97 novi 2000 cobra was with our crowd too. We pushed hard to get the teal car out to it but some minor parts issues got in the way. Next year we will all be out there in full force, hopefully doing all three events with one or more of these cars.

As for the 2 valve swap, the 5.0 is for sure more of a powerhouse but when you get the complete engine, trans, harness and computer for a song (because everyone wants a 4 valve) it makes a GREAT driver. Seriously come see us and you can drive one, with the hydraboost, smooth idle, a/c conversion, and the 3650 shifting, they are the easiest fox body that I have ever driven.

scootro

Established Member
We were there, the white notch was the only swap car that was represented. My 03 was burning up the brakes at hallet, and a 97 novi 2000 cobra was with our crowd too. We pushed hard to get the teal car out to it but some minor parts issues got in the way. Next year we will all be out there in full force, hopefully doing all three events with one or more of these cars.

As for the 2 valve swap, the 5.0 is for sure more of a powerhouse but when you get the complete engine, trans, harness and computer for a song (because everyone wants a 4 valve) it makes a GREAT driver. Seriously come see us and you can drive one, with the hydraboost, smooth idle, a/c conversion, and the 3650 shifting, they are the easiest fox body that I have ever driven.

thank you for offer i'll keep you in mind...

i do remember 00' novi cobra!!!

right now i'm working on a 89' ssp notch maybe next year i can bring it or just take the 93' cobra up there again

laters
scooter

sct12

Established Member
DSC00013-1-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread