Mods ?

CobraG

Established Member
What would be a good mod to do next? I'm probably going to go with Lund for a tune since I already have an nGauge through them.

I ordered a car cover from the Shelby store, not a mod but I'm looking forward to having it.

Current mods:
Revan Racing 13-6 Carbon Fiber Kit - No pulley
JLT passenger side catch can
Ford Racing mufflers
Ford Racing 65mm Twin Blade TB

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
What would be a good mod to do next? I'm probably going to go with Lund for a tune since I already have an nGauge through them.

I ordered a car cover from the Shelby store, not a mod but I'm looking forward to having it.

Current mods:
Revan Racing 13-6 Carbon Fiber Kit - No pulley
JLT passenger side catch can
Ford Racing mufflers
Ford Racing 65mm Twin Blade TB
Get a 2.4 Upper pulley.

O/R midpipe if emissions is friendly in your area.

You'll be really happy with some suspension mods on that S197.

I would recommend BMR Lower Control Arms and FRPP Lowering springs.

Also consider new tires. Michellen Pilot Super Sports are great every day tires. Mickey ET street SS for Drag racing on the back.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Wait..........

Did the dealership install stock rear suspension components before you took delivery of the car? I was under the impression they removed the aftermarket stuff?

I know you said in your other thread they hooked you up with good tires MPSS are great on those dry Oklahoma roads

CobraG

Established Member
Wait..........

Did the dealership install stock rear suspension components before you took delivery of the car? I was under the impression they removed the aftermarket stuff?

I know you said in your other thread they hooked you up with good tires MPSS are great on those dry Oklahoma roads
They did, they took the modified suspension parts off and put new stock parts on. I got the suspension mods from them so I still have those for down the road. The stock suspension feels good, at least for now. Maybe once I get more used to the car I'll be ready to put those parts back on.

I did get Michelin Pilot Sports, they put the rear tires on, I paid to get front tires so I have new tires all the way around.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I will apologize for being blunt, but realistically, get your tune figured out first see if it opens a little more power and get acquainted with the cars current power.

Without suspension being done, more power is pointless. Stock suspension isn't gonna cut it.

Its easy af to make power in the mid 700's on these cars, but it also comes with a level of respect for that power.

They did, they took the modified suspension parts off and put new stock parts on. I got the suspension mods from them so I still have those for down the road. The stock suspension feels good, at least for now. Maybe once I get more used to the car I'll be ready to put those parts back on.

I did get Michelin Pilot Sports, they put the rear tires on, I paid to get front tires so I have new tires all the way around.

Tezz500

Established Member
I will apologize for being blunt, but realistically, get your tune figured out first see if it opens a little more power and get acquainted with the cars current power.

Without suspension being done, more power is pointless. Stock suspension isn't gonna cut it.

Its easy af to make power in the mid 700's on these cars, but it also comes with a level of respect for that power.

He wants the Ax Murderer. LOL.

CobraG

Established Member

It's all good, I'm not too thin skinned. That's true about getting the power to the ground. I've never had a car like this, it's amazing! The closet I've had was my 2013 5.0. I love everything about this car, I don't even want to change out the exhaust. Right now I'd like to start putting together a list of potential mods. I like to see what people recommend and then do my own research.
I'm still driving and learning the car so I know what you mean about taking it slow.
Anyway, thanks for the advice.

Tezz500

Established Member
It's all good, I'm not too thin skinned. That's true about getting the power to the ground. I've never had a car like this, it's amazing! The closet I've had was my 2013 5.0. I love everything about this car, I don't even want to change out the exhaust. Right now I'd like to start putting together a list of potential mods. I like to see what people recommend and then do my own research.
I'm still driving and learning the car so I know what you mean about taking it slow.
Anyway, thanks for the advice.

If you wanna make real power you’re gonna need to get rid of the cats. You’ll love it trust me.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I see you mention exhaust. That rabbit hole is deep, seen many take the plunge repeatedly & spent tons of money & still chasing the perfect sound.
I actually liked the stock sound but wanted it louder at times. My solution was quality electric cutouts. Doug’s headers cutouts are the best, QTP are junk.
I’ve got a hidden switch mounted under dash in easy reach. Hit the switch & it’s plenty loud & sounds great. Hit the switch again, factory exhaust good sound.
Traction? Toyo 888 will solve that problem even in stock size.

Tezz500

Established Member
I see you mention exhaust. That rabbit hole is deep, seen many take the plunge repeatedly & spent tons of money & still chasing the perfect sound.
I actually liked the stock sound but wanted it louder at times. My solution was quality electric cutouts. Doug’s headers cutouts are the best, QTP are junk.
I’ve got a hidden switch mounted under dash in easy reach. Hit the switch & it’s plenty loud & sounds great. Hit the switch again, factory exhaust good sound.
Traction? Toyo 888 will solve that problem even in stock size.

I think the stock manifolds, stock mufflers with O/R Xpipe is the TITS on that 5.8L.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I think the stock manifolds, stock mufflers with O/R Xpipe is the TITS on that 5.8L.
Yeah I’ve done X-pipes on other cars with good results. I really like the stock sound of the 5.8 though & wanted it to remain. If I want to be a hooligan though, hit the switch & try to stomp a hole in the floor. Good clean fun!

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Replaced my MPSS with R888's. Great street tire

IMG_20210924_150439_905.jpg

Look into getting an MGWII shifter if you don't have one yet.

20210423_170631.jpg

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
What is the end goal ?
Make a plan & a budget, purchases should support your end goal, no money in used parts, buy once & done.
Removing cats will throw codes, " most " reputable tuners will no longer turn off your 02's,..............( then there are foulers )

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Only down side to 4.10 gears is you’ll run out of gear eventually if your pushing close to 800ish.

You don’t wanna cross the 1/4 tacking 7800rpms.
On the ‘13-14 a 4.10 is an optimum drag gear.
I had a stock paper air filter only mods Lund 93 tune and 4.10 gears.
With no octane booster it ran 11.0 on 20” Alcoas with 315/35/20 and then went 10.78 on an 18” drag pack.
My car was faster 4.10 vs 3.73 even at 965rwhp.
I won’t argue on which you choose but a ‘13-14 with stock 3.31s is just not my jam.
-J

Tezz500

Established Member
On the ‘13-14 a 4.10 is an optimum drag gear.
I had a stock paper air filter only mods Lund 93 tune and 4.10 gears.
With no octane booster it ran 11.0 on 20” Alcoas with 315/35/20 and then went 10.78 on an 18” drag pack.
My car was faster 4.10 vs 3.73 even at 965rwhp.
I won’t argue on which you choose but a ‘13-14 with stock 3.31s is just not my jam.
-J

If you have a built motor that can crank 8000rpms sure.

If he’s gonna stay under the 800RWHP threshold, 4.10s would do. Anything higher and he’s gonna need to build out that motor so he’s not trapping in 4th at grenade territory.

Users who are viewing this thread