Mods to do since transmission will be off?

1BLCKSVT

Established Member
Me and my buddy will be installing a new McLeod RXT with all the added goodies (26 spline input shaft, pivot ball, TOB, Pilot Bearing etc) along with a 24 pack into our stomachs.

Just wanted to make sure I’m not forgetting to install any mods that would make life 10xs easier with the transmission off. I was thinking a head cooling mod? I have long tubes installed already.

Advice/tips on install and mods very appreciated

Thanks guys

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
MMR makes a nice kit. I was super disappointed that they shorted on the hose length for the crossover, but the parts were good quality. Cobra Engineering makes the nicest kit by far in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UnrealSVT

Established Member
MMR makes a nice kit. I was super disappointed that they shorted on the hose length for the crossover, but the parts were good quality. Cobra Engineering makes the nicest kit by far in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What he said! Cobra engineering is an awesome kit, and perfect time for you to install with the transmission out.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
I agree with the head cooling mod- and also a retainer sleeve since the input shaft will be coming out anyway. Check out my vids if you need a hand or want to see how I did it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

1BLCKSVT

Established Member
What he said! Cobra engineering is an awesome kit, and perfect time for you to install with the transmission out.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I emailed Cobra Engineering and unfortunately he is not making anymore kits due to his machines being down. A friend mention a Wonder Racing Head cooling mod kit with AN fittings and lines also. I pulled the trigger and must say the kit looks bad ass
IMG_1720.jpg

Not my motor just showing the Wonder Racing Head Cooling mod kit

Users who are viewing this thread