Mods cost alot of money!!!! I'm about to puke!!!

NBS4

BANNED!
Originally posted by tommyhil4_6
Damn NBS4?? That was the kit for your Audi? Now I know why it's so damn fast...

Yup. New turbo's along with 1.2 Bar of Boost makes for a lot of fun. 1.4 on race gas. :)

NBS4

BANNED!
Originally posted by tommyhil4_6
Have you built the motor? Or can the S4's handle that?

Stock Internals. Been raced hard for a good 5K miles with no problems. If i do blow it.. I'll have it fully built.

The car was Dyno tuned with an 11:1 A/F from 5000rpm+ on 91 and Race gas Tunes. I imagine i could be in the 10's if i leaned it out but it's not worth it. Ported heads with new Cams will get me into the 10's..... I Hope. :)

All in all i'm quite satisfied. Idles exactly like stock and no one has a clue until they see it at the track.

Last edited:

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
Originally posted by NBS4
Stock Internals. Been raced hard for a good 5K miles with no problems. If i do blow it.. I'll have it fully built.

The car was Dyno tuned with an 11:1 A/F from 5000rpm+ on 91 and Race gas Tunes. I imagine i could be in the 10's if i leaned it out but it's not worth it. Ported heads with new Cams will get me into the 10's..... I Hope. :)

All in all i'm quite satisfied. Idles exactly like stock and no one has a clue until they see it at the track.

Damn man, how much HP do ya think your pushing? If ya wanna tell :)..... I hope my car will be in the 11's once my turbo gets here and tuned, with some good tires of course (damn AWD S4 :bash: :)) :rockon:

KosherCobra

Established Member
It was just a matter of time before a bunch of us started to break the cars.

Last year, 10's where the majic number for everyone to shoot for. Now with a bunch of us with built motors, heads & cams 9's are the goal for some.

I just wll be content with soild 10's at the track and an easy low 11 for street use. I don't plan on boosting past 18 on the track or 16 on the street.

akaeric

Established Member
Man Sell it on Ebay when your ready to sale it. People love moded cars on there that means they don't have to do the work. I saw 300zx twin turbos wit over 100000mile on them I'm one of them and sold it for more than it was worth because it was heavy moded. You have to give a good sale pitch.

KosherCobra

Established Member
Don't plan on selling this for a long time. I'll be deeper in this than the past few cars. Bolt-ons is one thing. I cleaned off all the bolt-ons on my previous vehicles and made back prettty close what I put in. But this, is a different situation. This car will be in my garage for a long time!!!!!

KosherCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Chonger
I guess you won't be getting any new blinds for your house any time soon.

I understand.

Keep us informed!!! I will be upgrading to a new blower soon and need to know as much as possible.

I'll be putting the Whipple in the next few months on again. I'm going to break the engine in with the Eaton and slowly up the boost to the 15-17# level. Then just swap the Whipple on. It's just to make it a nice transition.

This project has taken away from my home improvements!!!!! I'm glad I don't have a wife to answer to. I better get this car straightned out before I end up like my brother who just got engaged.

His Fiance told him this, "If you want the Z-06, you better get it now becuase you'll be driving a mini-van in 2 years!!!!"

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
Originally posted by KosherCobra

His Fiance told him this, "If you want the Z-06, you better get it now becuase you'll be driving a mini-van in 2 years!!!!"

OHH SHITTT..... :bash: :bash: :bash: HEHE

KosherCobra

Established Member
I was looking for them. At first I recieved a set of Clevitte 77 (Tri-metal) bearings for the rods, which is what I wanted. Then I recieved a set of Clevitte 77 bearings for the mains. It turned out that they were the replacement aluminum faced ones. The machine shop didn't want to use them. He got a set of tri-metal Clevitte 77 bearings. I mentioned the Federal Moguls to him and he knew about them. But the block needed to be put back together.

coleman

Established Member
... tell me about it!
I'm trying to be very frugal from this point on ... trying :lol1:

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
damn kosher!!! thats some cash!! hey u dont have to feel that bad.... listen to this how about this guy by me has a 02 gt with everything i mean everything...i saw reciepts for over 20k in mods....and his best time after id say about at least 20 runs at the track....12.2 :lol: ahahh at least ur not in his boat:nonono:

Dominick32

BANNED
Kosher. YOU ARE A NUT MAN!!
I might be in your same position by the end of this summer..haha
I am getting the mod fever real bad now.

I want that KENNE BELL.
I want that FULL SUSPENSION WORK UP
I want those cams
I want those ported heads

well. maybe not that much.
but i will suffice with a nice ported eaton and heat exchanger then maybe some drag shocks. DONE!!
hahahahah

Dom

CobraBri

Established Member

:xpl: Definite red flag here....he should get in his Z06 and drive away as fast as possible.

hmwave

Established Member

Unless she's joking, really joking, IMHO time to change.
You don't need that kinda pain.

KosherCobra

Established Member
Well she did say to him you can still buy a Harley Davidson

Which this Cobra is cutting into my Harley money!!!!!!

hmwave

Established Member
Ha! Busted. They say anything before the big day when the marital chains are fitted. Looks like she's trying to get him down to a pushbike :nono:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread