Mods: Best and Worst

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
sled said:
well a 331stroker with an S-trim took care of my problem. still looks 100% stock all around till i open the hood. i dont seem to have a problem with beating highly modified LS1s anymore. lol! everyone always ask WTF is done to that thing??

i'm contemplating redoing the engine. there is nothing wrong with it and runs strong at 120k. i would put forged pistons, port/polish heard and intake. not sure of cam.

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
1s9v9t3 said:
I am going to be getting a 93 cobra here in the next few weeks from a buddy of mine. It is totally stock and was wondering some of the best mods, bang for the buck.
And also what would it take to run mid to low 12s on slicks?
Thanks,
Simon

full exhaust, tb, maf, gears, shifter(i have a pro 5.0 for sale), t-stat, plugs, wires, fuel filter, timing bump. headers are good to 300hp, but if you like bending over the fenders for a couple hours, go for it.

CO9B3RA

Established Member
To Lee93Cobra

My "93 Cobra is not locked up by choice as insurance eats up your bank
account even when, as in my case, you have 1 exotic & 4 classic Mustangs with 2,500 driven miles each /year.

The "Puss" word is going to be you after the cops nail your ass for "kicking
the competition's ass ON THE STREET"......when will you lawless, uncivilized
idiots quit throwing your limited testosterone around like juveniles.
:poke: GROW UP!!!!!

Last edited:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
CO9B3RA said:
My "93 Cobra is not locked up by choice as insurance eats up your bank
account even when, as in my case, you have 1 exotic & 4 classic Mustangs with 2,500 driven miles each /year.

The "Puss" word is going to be you after the cops nail your ass for "kicking
the competition's ass ON THE STREET"......when will you lawless, uncivilized
idiots quit throwing your limited testosterone around like juveniles.
:poke: GROW UP!!!!!

I have 5 vehicles including 3 mustangs and my insurance is not that bad even with the street racing ticket I received last year :-D It was quite funny that a person my age got busted for street racing.

It is only on a rare occasion that I act as a lawless, uncivilized, throwing my limited testostrone around on the street. Usually only do that at my local 1/4 mile track. (The 2 trips I take to tail of the dragon/ hwy 129 on N. Carolina are those occasions)

Oh yeah, I refuse to grow up because that usually makes you grow old.

Seriously, you missed my points.......

1) This is a performance oriented forum, so if it bothers you that 93 cobra owners are making improvements on their cobras, (and they are very much needed improvements) don't come here. Go to a site where people appreciate those of you who want to leave your cars as they came from the OEM.

2) If it was not for the 'mod' and 'daily enjoyment 'owners, our cars would not be worth 1/2 of what they are now. I feel that the SVO prices are perfect examples of this. Very unique optioned mustang (waaay more unique than our cars) but not worth a 1/3 of what our cars are because minimal owners modify or drive them on the road. I just bought a 46k mile 84 SVO in November for $3k. Car needs some work but overall shape is very good for a 21 yr old car.

I am one of those people who cannot stand to see a car sit and not be driven and enjoyed. If i buy it will be driven and it will be changed to my taste. But nothing I have done to my car cannot be reverted back to stock (as with most members here) so you 'purist' owners don't fret, most of us can restore our car back to 99% OEM when/if the desire hits us. Yeah our value may be 10-20% behind yours (doubtful) 10 years from now, but we will have received much more enjoyment out of ours than garage queens could ever know. :thumbsup: But then again, who cares about value when you don't plan on ever getting rid of it. If you are worried about value then that means you plan on getting rid of it in the future which also means you are not enjoying the car.

My :poke: post was directed at the person I quoted because he stated that even with his 'bashing' of us evil doers to the cobra (happens on most occasions he visits here) that we still do it. We are all entitled to our opinions.

Last edited:

CO9B3RA

Established Member
Lee93Cobra

Are you saying I can't frequent this site because of what I believe or say...?

What I do or say, within reason and it's not infringing on your rights of being
a LAW ABIDING citizen of this nation, is mine to do or say contrary to what-
ever you might suggest, i.e. not freqeunting this site with my opinions!

Oh, yes, I also refuse to grow up even tho I might be 5 years from retirement however, I don't thow responsibility to the wind and jeopardize myself, family and others.....on the street or not...just to make an ass of myself.

Finally, you hardly have to take what I have to say as "gospel." It's quite
evident that you won't, with your "ONE" steet-racing conviction, stop it:
you're only perturbed you got caught.....

Heaven forbid, an SVO is going to be modded.....My 66k mile, STOCK '86 will
lose another SVO to the trasher. :shrug: And as a ender, "happens most
occasions he visits here." So.....muzzle me if you LEGALLY can. :loser:

Last edited:

sled

Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
I have 5 vehicles including 3 mustangs and my insurance is not that bad even with the street racing ticket I received last year :-D It was quite funny that a person my age got busted for street racing.

It is only on a rare occasion that I act as a lawless, uncivilized, throwing my limited testostrone around on the street. Usually only do that at my local 1/4 mile track. (The 2 trips I take to tail of the dragon/ hwy 129 on N. Carolina are those occasions)

Oh yeah, I refuse to grow up because that usually makes you grow old.

Seriously, you missed my points.......

1) This is a performance oriented forum, so if it bothers you that 93 cobra owners are making improvements on their cobras, (and they are very much needed improvements) don't come here. Go to a site where people appreciate those of you who want to leave your cars as they came from the OEM.

2) If it was not for the 'mod' and 'daily enjoyment 'owners, our cars would not be worth 1/2 of what they are now. I feel that the SVO prices are perfect examples of this. Very unique optioned mustang (waaay more unique than our cars) but not worth a 1/3 of what our cars are because minimal owners modify or drive them on the road. I just bought a 46k mile 84 SVO in November for $3k. Car needs some work but overall shape is very good for a 21 yr old car.

I am one of those people who cannot stand to see a car sit and not be driven and enjoyed. If i buy it will be driven and it will be changed to my taste. But nothing I have done to my car cannot be reverted back to stock (as with most members here) so you 'purist' owners don't fret, most of us can restore our car back to 99% OEM when/if the desire hits us. Yeah our value may be 10-20% behind yours (doubtful) 10 years from now, but we will have received much more enjoyment out of ours than garage queens could ever know. :thumbsup: But then again, who cares about value when you don't plan on ever getting rid of it. If you are worried about value then that means you plan on getting rid of it in the future which also means you are not enjoying the car.

My :poke: post was directed at the person I quoted because he stated that even with his 'bashing' of us evil doers to the cobra (happens on most occasions he visits here) that we still do it. We are all entitled to our opinions.
:beer:
about 1/3 of the street racers around here are cops. so what does that tell you. street racing is never going to stop.

Lee

Established Member
Truth be known, if I'd kept my 93 it would probably be sporting a vortech. Good thing I sold it! :) As it is I've carefully modded my very limited 95 hard top convertible. I'm not saying anyone does this here, but I've seen some really poorly modded 93 Cobras over the years. If I come across a good deal on an old Fox 5.0 GT, or LX, I'll eagerly grab one and mod it to my hearts content and have a 93 Cobra beater. If I had the $$ and garage space I'd have my heavily modded 90-93 GT and a beautifully stock 93 Cobra. :beer:

I'm glad some folks will preserve these beauties and will not pile up the miles. I love seeing these perfect examples at shows. When I bought my 93 I had a choice of one with 1500 miles and one with 60k miles. I chose the one with 60k miles so I could drive it and enjoy it. The price was not the deciding factor because there wasn't that much difference. These things are becoming irreplacable in many ways, and there's nothing you can buy today, IMHO, that compares. I'm not bashing anyone's opinion or desire to mod their Cobra's, that's your choice, it's your car. Personally, I find it amazing that folks will scoop these Cobras up and almost immediately be looking to make major mods. My first though it why did they pay so much extra to get a rare Cobra just to make it into a modded GT? No flame here, just my thoughts.

Last edited:

83gt5.0

Established Member
That's the beauty of this Country. IT'S A FREE WORLD! Do what you want with your car. And for anyone hell-bent on keeping all Cobras bone stock, look at it this way......it just made your show-room floor Cobra that much more valuable. You both benefit.

You're both right! I feel strongly about it both ways. :rockon:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
CO9B3RA said:
Are you saying I can't frequent this site because of what I believe or say...?

Nope. Just don't get bent out of shape when a member ask about modifying a cobra.
CO9B3RA said:
What I do or say, within reason and it's not infringing on your rights of being
a LAW ABIDING citizen of this nation, is mine to do or say contrary to what-
ever you might suggest, i.e. not freqeunting this site with my opinions!

Oh, yes, I also refuse to grow up even tho I might be 5 years from retirement however, I don't thow responsibility to the wind and jeopardize myself, family and others.....on the street or not...just to make an ass of myself.

nope. you just come into a forum and do that
CO9B3RA said:
Finally, you hardly have to take what I have to say as "gospel." It's quite
evident that you won't, with your "ONE" steet-racing conviction, stop it:
you're only perturbed you got caught.....
You are right, I am not going to take your word as gospel. As far as the street racing conviction, I was not perturbed, the whole ordeal was funny. You know nothing about the circumstances behind it. You don't know whether I was doing 50mph or 100mph so please preach to someone else
CO9B3RA said:
Heaven forbid, an SVO is going to be modded.....My 66k mile, STOCK '86 will
lose another SVO to the trasher. :shrug: And as a ender, "happens most
occasions he visits here." So.....muzzle me if you LEGALLY can. :loser:

You are still missing my point. I don't care if you come to this site. I don't care if you post. I really don't have the desire to come out west to put a muzzle on you. But please do not come on here and bash the members that do post here about modifying their cars or imply that you are holier than thou because you have a stock 93 cobra and we are bad bad people because we show interest in improving our cars.

One last comment. Get your panties out of a wad. You don't see Lee getting bent out of shape or the 64.5xx as far as that goes. Of course they are more active members than you and we have all been on this forum together for quite some time. By the tone of your post you are getting way to upset over this thread. You want to keep yours stock, that's cool. Just get off me because I did a couple of things to more than double the original output of my cobra, make it handle better, and brake better. It doesn't mean I am the devil, immature, or whatever else you think. It means I enjoy my car. Same deal with my SVO. Yeah I could have done it to a GT but I wanted a cobra. It is a much cleaner and smoother looking car in my opinion.
My modified has won several shows in the past and has also beaten out an OEM low mileage 93 cobra.

Last edited:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
83gt5.0 said:
That's the beauty of this Country. IT'S A FREE WORLD! Do what you want with your car.

You're both right! I feel strongly about it both ways. :rockon:

very well said

CO9B3RA

Established Member
:dw:
:eek:
you :whine: er and :xpl: !!!!!!!

:bowdown: stock '93 Cobras, '86 SVO's :rockon: :thumbsup:
:idea:
:burnout:

:poke: you :loser: !!!!!

Upset, naahh!!! I'm having fun at this: you do what you want and I'll do
what I want. So be it! If you call that getting you're panties in a wad, it's
you that has the wedgie :lol: :lol:

:coolman:

Last edited:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
CO9B3RA said:
:dw:
:eek:
you :whine: er and :xpl: !!!!!!!

:bowdown: stock '93 Cobras, '86 SVO's :rockon: :thumbsup:
:idea:
:burnout:

:poke: you :loser: !!!!!

Upset, naahh!!! I'm having fun at this: you do what you want and I'll do
what I want. So be it! If you call that getting you're panties in a wad, it's
you that has the wedgie :lol: :lol:

:pop:
:lol:

PJM99

Established Member
My thoughts on modding. I'm more with the "purist" when it comes to this. I hate to cut up the car, but I agree that it needs some help to keep up with todays cars. Then again, my car is virtually stock, and if I ever go out to a show or just out for ice cream I always get attention. I don't have to worry about racing someone to prove anything about the car. Most people are just blown away at the fact that it's a 1993 Cobra and they've either never seen one before or then can remember the exact day and time they did see one. The car pretty much speaks for itself. Its not a very good car, we all know the foxes had their flaws, its not very fast, but still it just has a certain aura about it. The 1993 Cobra is the car that started it all for SVT and brought back performance to Ford. Its all about pride and heritage.

I plan to keep my car mildly stock. Anything I do will only be things that can be changed back to stock. Not that I ever plan to sell the car, but I don't want to take the car to a level that I can't return from. As far as what it will be worth in 30 years, who knows? All I know is that most of the cars at Barrett Jackson were in need of restoration with God knows how many miles and they were restored and brought back to life. Right now the 1993 Cobra stills falls under the "used car market" so mileage matters more. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable buying a car thats been sitting around for the past 13 years not being driven at all.

So, I'm going to enjoy my car as much as I can and if in 30 years I still have it, which I hope I do, I'll restore it if I have too.

Last edited:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
PJM99 said:
I hate to cut up the car, but I agree that it needs some help to keep up with todays cars. Then again, my car is virtually stock, and if I ever go out to a show or just out for ice cream I always get attention. I don't have to worry about racing someone to prove anything about the car.

I agree. I would NEVER cut up my cobra.

I never meant any part of my post to that you had to race cars to prove anything (street or track) Just have fun with it. That's what I do. My car (to me) is so much more enjoyable to drive now.

yep 93 cobras definitely bring attention to those who know what it is and those who don't.
Especially when you have that certain whine coming from underneath the hood :D

sled

Established Member
mine had the blower on it from the dealer. i had to rebuild the motor at 60k. it blew a head gasket and cracked a piston. i dont know what happen i didnt hear anything, it just starting smoking one day. it never over heated or anything, just started burning oil. so i pulled the motor and build the 331 for it. i put the motor back in and the blower took a crap. bought a new headunit and lower the boost to 7psi. been running great ever since. i think im gonna try and put 16-17lbs to it and see how it goes. stock rear is still holding strong. all it has are 3:55 gears.

PJM99

Established Member
lol, hey we all love these cars, we all want to enjoy them in our own way. There are things I wouldn't do that others have done, but that's okay. As long as these cars aren't ending up in boneyards, that's cool with me.

CO9B3RA

Established Member
PJM99:

Well said!! :rockon: to your 1/23/2006 1:15 pm post

Lee93Cobra:

:uh oh: :dw: , thank you? You are right about the attention from those
who know! This past weekend we had a local car show and an out-of-town
friend, who by the way had driven his just-bought Roush-prepped 2006 Mustang and also has a '97 Cobra, came up to me and let it be known I should have brought CO9B3RA instead of my venerable 64.5 HiPo coupe ( in which I must admit I BOLTED a T-5 5-speed for 24+ mpg hiway whereas the original narrow bell bolt pattern top loader is always ready in the wings.) Personally, I think it's the Teal color as the other two colors do NOTHING for me......
:burnout: :uh oh: :nono:
:rollseyes :shrug: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

:bowdown: '93 Cobras :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread