Modifying the cobra?

MysticDan

Established Member
Getting ready to start the mods on my car. My question is when I start installing my parts, KB,mass-air,Fuel system for E-85, will I need a start-up tune just to get it on the trailer and to a tuner.

Ninedown

Established Member
That would be best. Just in case there is any trouble shooting it can be done at home & not the shop.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Getting ready to start the mods on my car. My question is when I start installing my parts, KB,mass-air,Fuel system for E-85, will I need a start-up tune just to get it on the trailer and to a tuner.

Very common technique. Just stay out of the boost.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
will I need a start-up tune just to get it on the trailer and to a tuner.
When you change the inj and MAF it would be best to install a base tune and that's what I would do. However there some that say the car will be driveable without it.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Good luck changing the maf and injs without changing the tune lol. Its NOT drivable! Maybe if you only had to move it a very vrey short distance like from your driveway onto a trailer but not around the block or any long distance.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
You may have to keep on the gas to keep it alive. Just depends. I tried it once and it was either so lean or so fat it wouldnt idle without me keeping my foot constantly on and off the throttle so it wouldnt die.

Digital

Established Member
Were talking pull out of shop then 20ft to trailer,then off trailer onto rollers

I did it, turn the key on, give it part throttle and haul ass before it dies then give it the stick to get up the ramps, key off. It'll probably die right when you let off the gas or buck if you dont give it a decent throttle, just try to stay out of boost atleast keep it below 5-10.

Users who are viewing this thread