Modified Mustang

Black Sex

Established Member
Nice. I took my kids little 6V powerwheel 4wheeler and put my 18 volt drill battery in it. Needless to say if he ride it in the grass, it needs wheelie bars sometimes. Now he wont ride it without the drill battery in it.
How big of a battery did you use?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is really cool! Now there's a kid who has been bitten by the Mustang bug. In a few years he'll be asking dad for the real deal. :)

Black306

Established Member
Nice. I took my kids little 6V powerwheel 4wheeler and put my 18 volt drill battery in it. Needless to say if he ride it in the grass, it needs wheelie bars sometimes. Now he wont ride it without the drill battery in it.
How big of a battery did you use?

Same stock battery. I opted for a BAP for a few reasons. A BAP is relatively small and could be easily mounted. Actually, the BAP fits under the stock hood next to the battery. I just wanted to make sure everything was good with the install.

Another reason is that the BAP is adjustable. I don't have a knob installed yet, but my son will be able to 'turn up the boost' like a turbo's waste gate controller.

A BAP also maintains output as the supply voltage decreases. That way he can have a longer time enjoying the ride at a faster pace. The battery will just die sooner. :lol:

Last but not least, less weight. Not really a big deal, but a BAP does weigh a bit less than another battery.

Black Sex

Established Member
Same stock battery. I opted for a BAP for a few reasons. A BAP is relatively small and could be easily mounted. Actually, the BAP fits under the stock hood next to the battery. I just wanted to make sure everything was good with the install.

Another reason is that the BAP is adjustable. I don't have a knob installed yet, but my son will be able to 'turn up the boost' like a turbo's waste gate controller.

A BAP also maintains output as the supply voltage decreases. That way he can have a longer time enjoying the ride at a faster pace. The battery will just die sooner. :lol:

Last but not least, less weight. Not really a big deal, but a BAP does weigh a bit less than another battery.

Ahh, I took the BAP as sarcasm :bash: I figured you just put a bigger battery in it like most people.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Guess I will be searching for a used BAP LOL! Smart thinking! Did you just come up with this yourself? You should post this on the PW forum.

Black306

Established Member
Guess I will be searching for a used BAP LOL! Smart thinking! Did you just come up with this yourself? You should post this on the PW forum.

As far as I know, no one else has used a BAP for a PW. I came up with the idea a while ago, but I was waiting on a good deal for a used BAP before trying it.

Users who are viewing this thread