Modded my Viper ACR...

blk03stang

Established Member
Well I bought my ACR a couple of months ago and it made some crazy power bone stock. When it was bone stock it put down 570-574whp/532-537wtq (did lots of pulls). I was blown away at the power it laid down stock and after talking to several friends in the Viper community it seems this is one of the higher HP stock GEN4's around. So I decided it was time to mod the car and honestly did not know what to expect. I was not sure how much HP I would gain due to the fact it made so much power stock. Here is what I decided to do:

-K&N air filter inside stock air box.
-Fully ported intake manifold.
-NGK spark plugs (one degree colder than stock).
-Removed all 4 factory cats, replaced with custom straight pipe.
-Mopar Race PCM.

Unfortunately I was in the hospital when the car actually went on the dyno and was not able to see the pulls, but my builder/tuner called me while on the dyno and I do have the print out sheets waiting for me at the shop. Now the good news! The car made awesome power IMO.

New numbers: 604whp/558wtq on straight pump gas (93).

I could not believe the car made this kind of power with out Headers/after market exhaust. I have not had a lot of seat time yet, but it does feel a lot different and one quick hit it felt really strong. I can't wait to get some seat time and get the car to the 1/4 soon! Fasterproms (Jeremy Formato) did all the work on the car. He and his shop have done all of my cars over the past 5+ years, they are out of Tampa, FL. Also this was on the same dyno that we used when the car was stock, and same dyno I've been using for 5 years.

mjp9cp.jpg

-Matt :beer: :rockon:

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
I applaud you on modding your ACR. When I was part of the Viper community, there were too many pansies that didn't want to mod and in fact frowned upon the fact that I modded mine. Glad to see a modded Gen 4!

SeikenFreak

2 Scoops
Established Member
Nice car.

Pretty sure I've got one step colder NGKs in my STI and from what I think I've felt over the years is how the car seems to maybe miss a bit under normal driving conditions? If it does then its subtle enough that I'm not sure.

But when I start to lay into the car and really warm it up after some long WOT pulls and lots of revs it seems as though it smooths out the whole rev range as if the engine awakens. Gives it this bad ass "race car" feel to it for me.

Maybe your car will have the same effect :p

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
I was fortunate to drive an ACR a year ago, that was an expirience i'll never forget. Your color combo is sick! enjoy that gem!

Gravik

Established Member
I applaud you on modding your ACR. When I was part of the Viper community, there were too many pansies that didn't want to mod and in fact frowned upon the fact that I modded mine. Glad to see a modded Gen 4!

How can they frown upon you for wanting to go faster? :eek:

That's like getting married to a super model, then getting frowned upon for having sex with her.

Hank

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Awesome numbers and beautiful color configuration on your Viper.

One question: After replacing all 4 cats with straight pipes does it sound more or less like a UPS truck? That's the only thing I never liked about the Vipers. It doesn't sound like a V8 +2 cylinders. It sounds more like two 5-cylinder engines.

Users who are viewing this thread