Modded my 1:18 scale C7.

blk03stang

Established Member
How it came:

xmihc8.jpg

I wanted to make it look as close to my real one as possible. The real one I have ordered:

Black 3LT, red interior with carbon fiber trim, 7-speed manual, z51, mag ride, NPP, black z51 wheels, red brake calipers, carbon fiber roof.

Back to the 1:18 scale:

First had to take it all apart, along with the red one I bought:

zvtzle.jpg

Taping off brakes to paint:

2z88ftx.jpg

While the wheels were drying I began putting the red interior into the black car. I also cut the springs when putting it back together to lower it.

DONE:

35mo1s7.jpg

3322qvs.jpg

Ignore the massive mosnter in the back ground:

vwvk7b.jpg

29kuyo0.jpg

29g0via.jpg

2lwadec.jpg

I was pretty happy with how it turned out. :beer:

sidewinderl

Established Member
I completely forgot it's that time of year already...need to keep an eye out at Sam's Club. Seems strange that they can get these Vettes out so fast, yet we couldn't get Vipers last year without paying full retail....they haven't even updated the new releases page on their site at all this year.

70Maverick

Established Member
Nice job. Just curious. In the "real" one, does the red interior have that much black in it? Really the only red is the 2 seats and some door panel inserts it looks like. I guess that's so GM can save a few dollars and have most of the interior fit all of them.
I also like how you ended up with 2 modified models as you put the red one back together with the tan interior. Good job.

blk03stang

Established Member
Nice job. Just curious. In the "real" one, does the red interior have that much black in it? Really the only red is the 2 seats and some door panel inserts it looks like. I guess that's so GM can save a few dollars and have most of the interior fit all of them.
I also like how you ended up with 2 modified models as you put the red one back together with the tan interior. Good job.

Real interior:

29zzas2.jpg

and thanks for the compliments!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice job on the model conversion. So you ordered a C7. Awesome! Post up pics when you get it, please. I love the red interior on the 1:1. GM did a really great job. So much nicer than the C6 interior.

blk03stang

Established Member
Thanks guys!!!!

Nice job on the model conversion. So you ordered a C7. Awesome! Post up pics when you get it, please. I love the red interior on the 1:1. GM did a really great job. So much nicer than the C6 interior.

Yes I ordered one I cant wait. I will make a thread when it gets here (probably end of September-early October). Yes the new interior is much nicer than the c6. I always like my cars to be a little different and stand out thats why I went with the black with black wheels, red brake calipers and solid red interior. Also went with the carbon fiber roof to change it up a little.

:rockon:

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Thanks guys!!!!

Yes I ordered one I cant wait. I will make a thread when it gets here (probably end of September-early October). Yes the new interior is much nicer than the c6. I always like my cars to be a little different and stand out thats why I went with the black with black wheels, red brake calipers and solid red interior. Also went with the carbon fiber roof to change it up a little.

:rockon:

That interior is MONEY! I would sleep in there if i owned that.

6.0GTO

Established Member
With all of the chasis, power and interior upgrades I am very happy the base price did not go up significantly. Also on the plus side the car is already attracting massive Cat.

BladeX10

Established Member
Thats the exact car i'd like to get in a few years. Ill look specifically for that color combo. Black looks the best on the C7 since it hides the black painted rear parts

Users who are viewing this thread