Mod Work Question...

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
Where do you guys go in NE to get your mod work done? Any particular shops that you would recommend... I am looking at replacing my exhaust (Borla or Magnaflow) and need a good reccomendation. Southern Mass. preferred. I spoke with a company 'Lou's Custom Exhaust' in Plymouth, MA but how do you know if they are any good?

Thanks in Advance. :thumbsup:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Me too. I had a dealer do my headers while the motor was out.

I've heard good things about Lous. Exhaust isn't tough to do. If you want, I can talk to my friend and see if he wants to do it. He has a lift if you want to do the X pipe and/or catback. We have had my exhaust apart so many times I'm sure it would probably take 60-90 minutes.

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
Originally posted by lightninmike
no idea man, sorry
i do all of my stuff myself

I had a hunch you guys would say that! :) The most work I will do is a K&N drop-in and the oil. Just keep having bad childhood memories of taking things apart and always have spare pieces after putting back together. :lol:

Bassin,
Your offer is greatly appreciated. I just might have to take you up on that. Now I just need to decide which exhaust to go with. Obviously, I know what you would recommend and honestly it's almost impossibe to decide. There are good threads all over for each system to choose from (Magnaflow, Borla, Bassani etc...)

What made you pick Bassani?

Thanks
David

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
i know i went with mac on my stang cause i didnt like the tinging of the flows
but out of the three you would have to hear them all to figure what sounds best to you
a few guys in here have sound clips you could listen too
just post in teh terminator page
good luck:thumbsup:
if you need a hand ill be more that happy
and if mike (bassin247) cant get a lift i may be able to get my mothers boyfriends lift if you need it

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra10th Anniv
I had a hunch you guys would say that! :) The most work I will do is a K&N drop-in and the oil. Just keep having bad childhood memories of taking things apart and always have spare pieces after putting back together. :lol:

Bassin,
Your offer is greatly appreciated. I just might have to take you up on that. Now I just need to decide which exhaust to go with. Obviously, I know what you would recommend and honestly it's almost impossibe to decide. There are good threads all over for each system to choose from (Magnaflow, Borla, Bassani etc...)

What made you pick Bassani?

Thanks
David

quality, reputation, customer service, previous experience. If you want to see mine, we can set something up. Mine will sound a little different because of the headers.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
I know you prefferd southern Mass but the 5.0 Pro Shop in Nashua Nh is pretty nice. It's right on the Mass/Nh line. I've been there a couple times and is very clean. There # is 1-603-579-9741.

jrh99

Established Member
There's gotta be a place closer to you but, if you want to take a little drive I like Dez Racing in Seekonk, MA. He's a real nice guy that does great work.

jrh99

Established Member
Originally posted by FastFwd
http://www.mperacing.com/

These guys are close to you. I haven't dealt with them personally but they're one of the sponsors for our SCMC car show at Jannel Ford.

John

I stopped going to them when they couldn't get any aftermarket clutches to work on my 99 cobra. They tried but said they couldn't get a single aftermarket clutch that would fit correctly. They went on to say that people are doing them, but they are not being done correctly and they wouldn't do it that way. I think they were just too lazy to bother putting time into my car. I mean come on, this was in 2001 and your going to tell me that nobody has a clutch to fit the 99!
Anyway take if for what it's worth.

FastFwd

Dave hates me
Established Member
Originally posted by jrh99
I stopped going to them when they couldn't get any aftermarket clutches to work on my 99 cobra. They tried but said they couldn't get a single aftermarket clutch that would fit correctly. They went on to say that people are doing them, but they are not being done correctly and they wouldn't do it that way. I think they were just too lazy to bother putting time into my car. I mean come on, this was in 2001 and your going to tell me that nobody has a clutch to fit the 99!
Anyway take if for what it's worth.

Sounds like a place that shouldn't be doing anything more complicated than swapping exhaust pipes. LOL. Plus they claim to offer price matching.

John

snakeyes

Established Member
Right down the street from MPE is Leonard's Performance. He does great work and has all the 03 cobra Bassani stuff in stock. He has been working on Mustangs for over 12 years. his shop is immaculate and he has a wealth of knowlege. Just in case you want to check it out his number is 508-977-1950. Simple stuff like exhaust he can usually do in an hour or so. I may be biased because I have been going there for years but just wanted to offer my 2 cents.

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
The Borla Stinger is in!!! :thumbsup: Seeing that the general concensus around here is that installing a CatBack requires pretty much no skill just a lift, I am going to bring it to a local place called Drivers Edge in Kingston, Ma. They seemed pretty knowledgable and appeared service oriented. I have an appointment this Monday morning (looks like I'll be a lil late for work) and will let you guys know how it goes.

Thanks for all the comments and feedback and look forward to the new pipe!

L8r,
David

Users who are viewing this thread