Mod Stock Cobra Hat for Aeromotive Stealth Pumps?

phil h

Established Member
Is there any reason you cant modify your stock 04 cobra hat to accept two of these pumps? I was thinking of making dual -6 outlets like i have seen done on here. I would think this would be enough for a ported steg setup at 16psi with bassani midlengths etc etc. I currently have 60lb injectors too, i would probably have to step up to 80's? These two pumps should support my setup for e85?

Teej281

Established Member
Those two pumps are enough fuel to support quite a lot of power. Probably around 750rwhp on E85. You should be fine.

SpittinCobra

Established Member
I just ordered the 340s and Ill be installing them tomorrow. i have twin 255s now and i modded the hat for a -6 outlet and a -6 inlet for the return line. ill post pics tomorrow. if your planning on doing a return set up with the 2 -6 outlets, you wont be able to fit the return fitting on the hat.

phil h

Established Member
I just ordered the 340s and Ill be installing them tomorrow. i have twin 255s now and i modded the hat for a -6 outlet and a -6 inlet for the return line. ill post pics tomorrow. if your planning on doing a return set up with the 2 -6 outlets, you wont be able to fit the return fitting on the hat.

I figured you would run out of room for a return, but you could just weld a bung in the front of the tank and return it there. How did your install turn out?

Jroc

Established Member

Yeah I was going to say that you'd probably have to mod the tank to accept a return line.

SpittinCobra

Established Member
modhatforreturnline.jpg

I ve changed the outlet form the stock tube to a -8 bulkhead.

phil h

Established Member
Are you running a -8 return also? I know with carb setups the return line had to be at least as big but most of the time bigger than the feed. Fuel injection must be different or i hope it is. What regulator are you using and are you using stock rails still?

SpittinCobra

Established Member
Are you running a -8 return also? I know with carb setups the return line had to be at least as big but most of the time bigger than the feed. Fuel injection must be different or i hope it is. What regulator are you using and are you using stock rails still?

Feed line is -8 and return is -6 using the aeromotive rails and regulator. I drilled the stock barb fitting out and put a -8 bulkhead in its place.

Chances50

Established Member
Im looking at doing a single 340 pump in my mach I had one in it to start with but burn it up because i was trying to get away with it being returnless, Im hoping a single stealth on a return setup will support 550+rwhp.

thanks for the pic this is excatly what i had in mind.

also do you just have a keyed hot going directly to the pump off a 30 amp relay now, that just bypasses the FPDM setup?

Last edited:

SpittinCobra

Established Member
Im looking at doing a single 340 pump in my mach I had one in it to start with but burn it up because i was trying to get away with it being returnless, Im hoping a single stealth on a return setup will support 550+rwhp.

thanks for the pic this is excatly what i had in mind.

also do you just have a keyed hot going directly to the pump off a 30 amp relay now, that just bypasses the FPDM setup?

You should be fine with one pump. I have the relay wired so when you turn key on it primes the pumps then shuts off. Just how they do as stock form. That way if the car gets in a wreck the pumps will shut off. I'll get you a pic later.

Chances50

Established Member
How did you wire it that way? Id like to do the same.

More pics would be awesome if you can shoot me some pics of how you mounted your regulator as well that would be helpful.

Last edited:

phil h

Established Member
Is there any reason why we couldnt use the stock feed line for the return? Its already there and it should be big enough? The only issue is if it was too small you wouldnt be able to get the fuel psi low enough but i dont think that would be a problem.

Chances50

Established Member
If you look at lethals budget return kit they use the stock supply as supply and add the return line that's how I'm going to do mine anyway.

phil h

Established Member
Also, you wouldnt really need a BAP with this setup would you? Whats your best guess of hp that two of these pumps would support?

SpittinCobra

Established Member
With the wiring upgrade with relay you don't need a nap. And I would say 2 of these should handle over 1000 HP and around 850 on e85 depending on injectors

Users who are viewing this thread