Mod Stock Cobra Hat for Aeromotive Stealth Pumps?

Chances50

Established Member
What size is the stock feed line? I may say screw it and upgrade to an -8 feed, I bought everything to do a -6 feed and use the stock as a return noe im thinking of upgrading both.

SpittinCobra

Established Member
i think the id of the stock line is .250 (1/4) also i dont have it in the pic of the hat but the fittings will need to be 45 degrees so when the line comes off hat it wont hit the under side of trunk when you reinstall tank.

Chances50

Established Member
Lol I went to buy my fittings yesterday and had a 45* only hand and thought about that pic and said heck I'll save some cash by using a strait. I'll go pick up a 45 now.

SpittinCobra

Established Member
Yeah those damn fittings add up when you gotta use 45s and 90s. Not sure if you know this or not but you can cut the braided line with a cut off wheel. Just take some electrical tape and wrap around where you wanna cut it. That will keep the ends from coming apart. Just make sure u clean line out with water before you install it.

Chances50

Established Member
Yeah those damn fittings add up when you gotta use 45s and 90s. Not sure if you know this or not but you can cut the braided line with a cut off wheel. Just take some electrical tape and wrap around where you wanna cut it. That will keep the ends from coming apart. Just make sure u clean line out with water before you install it.

I just went with the push loc stuff.

SpittinCobra

Established Member
I have one with the walbos in it. The 340 is the same as those. I'll post tonight . Waiting to get car back from dyno so I can post the wire upgrade also

04svtsnke

Established Member
I thought thes. Pumps could work in a returnless setup? The guy with the Mach said he burnt his up. Lethal says they'll work in both return amd returnless setups. I'm thinking dual -6 feed into y block with a -8 to the stock rails. Think it should be enough for my ported m122 and 75 shot.

SpittinCobra

Established Member
I thought thes. Pumps could work in a returnless setup? The guy with the Mach said he burnt his up. Lethal says they'll work in both return amd returnless setups. I'm thinking dual -6 feed into y block with a -8 to the stock rails. Think it should be enough for my ported m122 and 75 shot.

They have to be in a return set up and I would wire in a relay so you bypass fpdm. If not the fpdm will over heat and shut down. The pumps come with instructions on wiring in a relay

Chances50

Established Member

I sent the pump back to aeromotive to have them look at it and they said it tested fine... im wondering if the FPDM wasnt overheating now and shutting it down..

I bought another 340 and am going return with a modded cobra hat adn switching to E85 now.

SpittinCobra

Established Member
I sent the pump back to aeromotive to have them look at it and they said it tested fine... im wondering if the FPDM wasnt overheating now and shutting it down..

I bought another 340 and am going return with a modded cobra hat adn switching to E85 now.

when i didnt have the relay installed yet, i wanted to start car to make sure pumps were working and the fpdm shut down after 5 mins of the car just at idle. put the relay in and havent looked back.

When I had e85 in the tank on dyno my tuner said we had plenty of pump left. i might be selling my hat here this winter if i get the div. x hat.

Users who are viewing this thread