Mod question

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
I will have about 600 to spend on the cobra this month. I was curious on what you guys thought I should buy? Maybe 1 big item or a couple small ones. Just give me some ideas. ThAnks guys. Current mods are in my sig. =)

hinds04

Established Member
Full length SFC's, bruces lower control arm bushings (you can do these without lowering the irs) then do the rest of the kit later

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
OK thanks for the input guys...I had a retarded question though..

Who is Bruce? LOL Im just not familiar with his work? Or is that the name of the bushing kit?

does anyone have a link to where I can buy it? =)

thanks guys!!!

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
ok sweet guys.... thanks for the info

It does offer some other items to buy that does not come with the kit... Would I really need any of these or would you guys recommend any of them?

Also has anyone actually bought this kit? and can say if its worth it.. I mean 600 bucks is alot of money to me..

thanks guys for your help...

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
Thanks SNIPERDOG

Is that kit very hard to install? My skills are ok but could be better...

it also has some other things you can purchase also. Does anything on this list stick out or should I say a cant pass up item?

$10.00 a pair for 9/16" Grade 8 bolts with nylock nuts and flat washers for the front subframe mounts

$70.00 Tool deposit, fully refundable upon return

$159.00 is the cost for the bumpsteer/upgraded toe link set

$55.00 is the cost of the adjustable sway bar end link kit (currently out of stock)

$15.00 is the cost for the four piece machinist's angle finder set

hinds04

Established Member
I would get the kit and the $10 bolts. Only problem is you have to lower the IRS to install the whole kit. I know $600 dollars is a lot so if your strapped for cash you can get just the lower control arm bushings for $275 these do the majority of the work for the IRS bushings. Plus you can instal them without lowering the IRS which will save on labor. Then later when you have some more money lower the IRS and instal the rest of the kit and a BF IRS brace at the same time. Also subframe connectors and some softer tires, drag radials, will help on the wheel hop. If it's a daily driver drag radials can get expensive though. Good luck.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Thanks SNIPERDOG

Is that kit very hard to install? My skills are ok but could be better...

it also has some other things you can purchase also. Does anything on this list stick out or should I say a cant pass up item?

$10.00 a pair for 9/16" Grade 8 bolts with nylock nuts and flat washers for the front subframe mounts

$70.00 Tool deposit, fully refundable upon return

$159.00 is the cost for the bumpsteer/upgraded toe link set

$55.00 is the cost of the adjustable sway bar end link kit (currently out of stock)

$15.00 is the cost for the four piece machinist's angle finder set

The tool deposit is worth every dime, plus you get it back! Looking to do the full kit on my cobra if I ever get the space in the garage back.

The front bolts are because the factory front IRS bolts are too small for the hole and cause some movement, worth the money there as well. I'm not going with the bumpsteer or sway bar end link setup but 15 bucks is worth it for the angle finder, this is to set your pinion back at the proper angle to prevent any issues after installing your irs back in the car.

It is a pretty involved setup to install by yourself, just dropping the IRS is fun enough by yourself. If you don't have a press handy it will require a few trips to a machine shop.

Best thing I can tell you to do is research the project and see if it fits your needs. Every review I've read of the kit has been nothing but positive, reduces wheel hop, reduces slop, very solid feel.

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
Thanks guys for your feedback... I really want this set... It seems like it makes a huge difference. Hinds04 I already have the IRS Brace installed. So thats good. My car is not a daily driver so I should be good with DR's =)

Users who are viewing this thread