MMR Rods

Bluebullit

Established Member
Hey i was looking at their site just now and they have the MMR forged H-beam rods rated to 800 HP for $379 and i was wondering if these are basically the Manley rods or if there is anything i should know before buying them...

plan on ordering soon if they are good. i just want to make about 600 and call it quits in the gt so would these be a good choice?

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
contact livernois or who i will be contacting this week...modular performance, carlos recomends them (nazman) and i trust his judgement

Bluebullit

Established Member
thanks guys cause i need to put some rods to match my JE pistons since i dont have rods and i dont want to wait much longer since it has less than 5k miles on the build but the rods on the other had have a lot more than that and its just a matter of time till something goes

98blownsnake

Established Member
I have seen these H-beams posted on ebay for $300.00 and they have ARP bolts. They are made by a company called Legend Rods.

LEGEND 4340 H-BEAM ROD FEATURES:

certified SAE 4340 vacuum degassed steel, two piece forging for proper grain flow

FULLY CNC MACHINED

heat treated, stress relieved, shot peened and Magnafluxed

arp 8740 12 POINT 7/16 caps crews with precision alignment dowels

(rod bolt upgrades available)

stroker clearenced to up to 3.800" sbc, 4.250" bbc

weight matched to +/- 1.5gm

ready to run including bolt lubricant

AMPCO silicon bronze bushings for full floating pins (UNLESS SPEC.)

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
I have seen these H-beams posted on ebay for $300.00 and they have ARP bolts. They are made by a company called Legend Rods.

LEGEND 4340 H-BEAM ROD FEATURES:

certified SAE 4340 vacuum degassed steel, two piece forging for proper grain flow

FULLY CNC MACHINED

heat treated, stress relieved, shot peened and Magnafluxed

arp 8740 12 POINT 7/16 caps crews with precision alignment dowels

(rod bolt upgrades available)

stroker clearenced to up to 3.800" sbc, 4.250" bbc

weight matched to +/- 1.5gm

ready to run including bolt lubricant

AMPCO silicon bronze bushings for full floating pins (UNLESS SPEC.)

yea....sorry wouldnt trust some no name brand to push 600+hp in my car. :rollseyes

Bluebullit

Established Member
thanks guys i mean i could just pay 100 more and get the manley but i just wanted to see what you guys though thanks for the input its greatly appreciated

yan88gt

Established Member
I have a set of manley and MMR rods right in front of me and they are very similar but not the same rods. I've put the two rods on a scale and the MMR weight 568 grams and the Manley 609 grams. Also the manley rods have more meat around the big end.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
why bother? To save a few hundred? I believe eagles are a bit cheaper than the manleys, why not grab a set of those.

Bluebullit

Established Member
cause eagle aren't close to Manley. i just saw them and they dont post a lot of information so i just wanted to see what everyone thought that's all. I'm planning on getting Manley but just curious on these that's all. I was told by my shop to stay away from eagle H beams

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
lol, they are the exact same product, simply machined in different factories. I've had my eagles at over 7500rpm and over 700rwhp. not to mention they always came with ARP 2000 rod bolts.

I'll take Al Pappito's word over your shop's.

Andy@Livernois

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
lol, they are the exact same product, simply machined in different factories. I've had my eagles at over 7500rpm and over 700rwhp. not to mention they always came with ARP 2000 rod bolts.

I'll take Al Pappito's word over your shop's.

You are correct to a point. ALL h-beam forgings (except for Carrillo) come for the same forging plant, but these are RAW forgings. Eagle's are finish machined in China, Manley finish machines in the US and to MUCH MUCH MUCH tighter tolerances. Also, the final metal grade can vary as well, there is more to metal grades then "4340" it's sort of like oil, there is more then just "synthetic"... So a Manley h-beam for a 4.6 can be quite a bit different then an eagle. We used to use an eagle for a lot of our builds (probably 6+ years ago) but it would takes hours of additional machine work on our side, plus they were very inconstant on weight increasing the time to balance as well. This is one of those times that, in our opinion, it's worth the extra money for the better part.

I am not saying you can't have good success with an eagle, it just takes a lot more work on the machining/assembly side and might actually cost more in the long run to use. I personally want to support as many companies that manufacture in the US as i can in today's economy, so my money will always land with Manley for an H-beam.

Last edited:

Bluebullit

Established Member
You are correct to a point. ALL h-beam forgings (except for Carrillo) come for the same forging plant, but these are RAW forgings. Eagle's are finish machined in China, Manley finish machines in the US and to MUCH MUCH MUCH tighter tolerances. Also, the final metal grade can vary as well, there is more to metal grades then "4340" it's sort of like oil, there is more then just "synthetic"... So a Manley h-beam for a 4.6 can be quite a bit different then an eagle. We used to use an eagle for a lot of our builds (probably 6+ years ago) but it would takes hours of additional machine work on our side, plus they were very inconstant on weight increasing the time to balance as well. This is one of those times that, in our opinion, it's worth the extra money for the better part.

I am not saying you can't have good success with an eagle, it just takes a lot more work on the machining/assembly side and might actually cost more in the long run to use. I personally want to support as many companies that manufacture in the US as i can in today's economy, so my money will always land with Manley for an H-beam.

well said thank you

Users who are viewing this thread