MMR Oil plate adapter install help

notagt

Established Member
Hi guys, I did a 03 Cobra swap into my Mach and the oil cooler failed. I got a MMR oil adapter plate and using this gasket

TZ7qjpC.jpg

4mOd64b.jpg

My questions are:

1) What is the torque value for the 4 hex mounting bolts to mount to block with the gasket??

2) The instructions say when using sending unit on the 1/8 NPT port, to clearance (notch) the AN fitting to allow oil to flow to port, what exactly does this mean, best way to do it and if anyone has a procedure and/or pics they may have taken when they did iot would be a HUGE help !! Thanks in advance for the help :bowdown:

SlowSVT

Established Member
The torque setting is tight as you would normally tighten a bolt that size. You can use a little blue lock-tite if it makes you feel better.

Is the NPT port exposed to oil passage way? (If "not" that that's would be screwed-up) Can either fitting and/or the sender be tightened down without interfering with one another? Doesn't sound like they made that very clear.

Hopefully the sender port is downstream of the filter/oil cooler and not reading pressure directly from the pump.

hope that helps

TRBO VNM

Make sure you mate up the gasket to the block and the plate. The teksid blocks use a different gasket from the terminator block.

notagt

Established Member
The torque setting is tight as you would normally tighten a bolt that size. You can use a little blue lock-tite if it makes you feel better.

Is the NPT port exposed to oil passage way? (If "not" that that's would be screwed-up) Can either fitting and/or the sender be tightened down without interfering with one another? Doesn't sound like they made that very clear.

Hopefully the sender port is downstream of the filter/oil cooler and not reading pressure directly from the pump.

hope that helps

I emailed MMR and received this:

You will see an area where the oil pressure port and the fitting intersect. You will need to make sure the oil fitting is screwed in all the way and you will mark it at the point of intersection. You will then need to remove the fitting from the adaptor plate and clearance the fitting so the oil can flow to the port. This can be done by putting a simple notch in the fitting with a die grinder.

Gonna mess with this today, after shelling out $175 don't want to screw it up, thanks for the reply.

matthayn

COBRO TO 5.BRO
Established Member
Larry I think this is the torque spec you're looking for, from Ford workshop tool using 04 Cobra VIN , hope this helps.

OFAtorque_zpspm7hdnel.png

SlowSVT

Established Member
I emailed MMR and received this:

You will see an area where the oil pressure port and the fitting intersect. You will need to make sure the oil fitting is screwed in all the way and you will mark it at the point of intersection. You will then need to remove the fitting from the adaptor plate and clearance the fitting so the oil can flow to the port. This can be done by putting a simple notch in the fitting with a die grinder.

Gonna mess with this today, after shelling out $175 don't want to screw it up, thanks for the reply.

Why is this so complicated? (makes me wanna hug my FRPP outlet) Post a pic if you can.

notagt

Established Member
Thanks matthayn that is EXACTLY what I was looking for. !! I figured it out on the oil port. There is a port on the side not used. I screwed the AN fitting down flush, then stuck small screwdriver thru the side into oil NPT port until it hit the AN fitting. Light tap with hammer to mark it, then a vice and a dremel I notched out the bottom threads of AN fitting, when I screwed it back in the notch was lined up with port so oil going thru the fitting can go to sending unit. Now the next issue is I need a 1/8 NPT fitting with a 3/8 female to screw sending unit into since port not big enough. On a side note reason I had issue with oil cooler wasn't the oil cooler..installer didn't scrape crud on the block side and it had a hard buildup that pinched the gasket and allowed issue...I just had oil cooler rebuilt with SpeedConcept kit so it will be up for sale. Pics

KaRRj1F.jpg

JrmKXNy.jpg

TuXUXCq.jpg

4UYHb3B.jpg

5GMwDe0.jpg

notagt

Established Member
Did initial flush thru crossover with a bilge pump. Removed oil cooler, got longer braided lines , put on AN fittings, then ran to MMR adapter plate along with a stainless flex hose and mounted to block, other ends go to remote oil cooler. Removed plastic PS reservoir and installed my Canton. Tomorrow hook up all coolant lines, refill with oil, hook up blower belt, fill crossover with Royal Purple flush, flush, water flush, K&W sealer, flush, coolant..check for leaks...tune !!

F1fN58a.jpg

L0Tc7zl.jpg

0tFMEFJ.jpg

Y0R4rRB.jpg

vTJ2IQb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread