MMR fuel system or Glenns peformance???

z28misfit

Established Member
Just wondering if anyone has dealt with the MMR street/strip 900 system or not?? Im trying to decide on what I want to do for a fuel system. I was looking at Glenns Performance along with a kit from Lethal. I think I would like to get away from the whole FPDM setup that Ford has on these cars. Maybe its no big deal to wire up a dual FPDM setup but to me it seems like there has to be a system with less hassle. Im not a big electrical kinda guy so to me Id rather just delete that crap. I was gonna sell my F1A procharger and go single turbo but since I havent driven my car at all last summer Im just gonna continue on with the procharger kit and get it done before summer. Im shooting for at least 700 rwhp.I tried a search on the MMR fuel system but I didnt come up with anything.Maybe Im just bad at searches? Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks! :rolling:

z28misfit

Established Member
Yeah I remember talking to you already just briefly about what you went with. I watched a few of your videos. Im just not sure on what I want to do yet?? I kinda wanted to stay away from a loud noisy single pump setup. Did they recommend you to run any fuel cooler setup at all or a pump controller?? I want my fuel system to be reliable and able to be driven on the street for long periods of time if I so choose.

mach1033

Established Member
I'm going with the Fore innovations return set up. Comes with hat there 405 pumps, regulator and filter. As for fuel lines I'm searching for set that won't stink up my garage.

cobracide

Established Member
The ptfe teflon will not. It is a bit pricey but I'm working on getting the list of fittings. Maybe something on modfords.com.

cobracide

Established Member
Fuel line fittings

Fuel Line -8an Teflon

Fore fuel hat ---3/8" ntp fitting to -8an flare fitting -- Teflon hose 20ft.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Aeromotive 15616

*With no crossover feeding each rail from the rear-
(6) -8an Straight Hose Ends*
(2) -10an Oring to -8an Flare Radius Fittings
(1) Fuel Filter
(2) 90deg -8an Hose end
(20) ft -8an Hose
(1) Fore 2-to-1 Y-Block with all -8an Fittings on it
(2) 8AN to Ford fuel rail adapter - 640880

With a crossover at the front of the rails-
(3) -8an Straight Hose Ends*
(1) Fuel Filter
(3) 90deg -8an Hose end
(17) ft -8an Hose

z28misfit

Established Member
I'm going to build my own fuel line using this ptfe -8an line. Heard some of the socketless is porous and can smell of gas.

AN -8 Stainless Steel Hoses

Im assuming this is kinda like a plastic fuel line correct?? I know Ford Aerostars use what I call a "plastic" feed line. Im sure Ford doesnt call it plastic but you get the idea. Ive seen GM cars and what not come through the shop with fuel lines that are not your typical metal lines.

z28misfit

Established Member
My dad mentioned to me about using something like this instead of rubber fuel injection hose. Just never really looked into it. I figured until I buy all the fuel lines,fittings and what not I may as well just buy a fuel system from a company that makes them in kit form.

cobracide

Established Member
Im assuming this is kinda like a plastic fuel line correct?? I know Ford Aerostars use what I call a "plastic" feed line. Im sure Ford doesnt call it plastic but you get the idea. Ive seen GM cars and what not come through the shop with fuel lines that are not your typical metal lines.

From the website .. Accurate.

PTFE Braided Stainless Steel Lines, -8 AN Black, per ft.
[ANF001241]

These Braided Stainless Steel Lines are specially designed to work in any automotive project.

Compatible with the following fluids:

High octane gasoline, up to 117 Octane or higher
Regular gasoline
Ethanol (E85 or E100)
Diesel fuel
Biodiesel
Methanol
Nitrous oxide
Engine oil (synthetic or regular)
Transmission fluid
Engine coolant/antifreeze
Brake fluid
Hydraulic clutch fluid
Air Conditioning Refrigerant (R12 or R134A)
Power steering fluid
Air and water, of course
Most of the braided stainless steel lines and fittings that you can buy actually have a rubber (EPDM or NBR) interior. Some competing products advertise a special coating on the inside of the rubber to make them resistant to ethanol and certain other chemicals. We think this is wrong wrong wrong. Why would you use a material that isn't 100% resistant to the chemicals in your application for absolutely no reason? Our PTFE lines are superior to our competitors rubber lines in every way and they cost less too!

z28misfit

Established Member
It would be cool to use this instead of your typical rubber fuel line. Im sure it can withstand higher pressures than rubber fuel lines and a deffinate upside is you dont have to worry about it deteriorating ever.

mach1033

Established Member
From the website .. Accurate.

PTFE Braided Stainless Steel Lines, -8 AN Black, per ft.
[ANF001241]

These Braided Stainless Steel Lines are specially designed to work in any automotive project.

Compatible with the following fluids:

High octane gasoline, up to 117 Octane or higher
Regular gasoline
Ethanol (E85 or E100)
Diesel fuel
Biodiesel
Methanol
Nitrous oxide
Engine oil (synthetic or regular)
Transmission fluid
Engine coolant/antifreeze
Brake fluid
Hydraulic clutch fluid
Air Conditioning Refrigerant (R12 or R134A)
Power steering fluid
Air and water, of course
Most of the braided stainless steel lines and fittings that you can buy actually have a rubber (EPDM or NBR) interior. Some competing products advertise a special coating on the inside of the rubber to make them resistant to ethanol and certain other chemicals. We think this is wrong wrong wrong. Why would you use a material that isn't 100% resistant to the chemicals in your application for absolutely no reason? Our PTFE lines are superior to our competitors rubber lines in every way and they cost less too!
Good info :beer:

Mike@TF

Established Member
both my cars have fore systems...1 with dual walbro setup and my other car has the new hat with the 405 pumps..both have fore regulators and filters and rails..

z28misfit

Established Member
both my cars have fore systems...1 with dual walbro setup and my other car has the new hat with the 405 pumps..both have fore regulators and filters and rails..

what did you to about your FPDM?? did you do the dual setup or did you buy a modified one?? I hear you can burn the stock one up with aftermarket pumps and I dont want that to happen. Thats why I was just thinking of going with a kit that eliminates the driver module.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Fuel line fittings

Fuel Line -8an Teflon

Fore fuel hat ---3/8" ntp fitting to -8an flare fitting -- Teflon hose 20ft.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Aeromotive 15616

*With no crossover feeding each rail from the rear-
(6) -8an Straight Hose Ends*
(1) Fuel Filter
(2) 90deg -8an Hose end
(20) ft -8an Hose
(1) Fore 2-to-1 Y-Block with all -8an Fittings on it
(2) 8AN to Ford fuel rail adapter - 640880

With a crossover at the front of the rails-
(3) -8an Straight Hose Ends*
(1) Fuel Filter
(3) 90deg -8an Hose end
(17) ft -8an Hose

If you have an existing fore return system, you could just get the lines and the fittings that attach to the line and still use all your other fittings right? Like fuel hat, fuel rail and Y block fittings?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I use fragola and love the shit out of it- however my one complaint is that it does seap fumes like a mother****er. of course I have my evap dumped into the open as well that doesn't help but I really could care less.

Yup the line itself is fine the odor is ridiculous!!:nonono:

z28misfit

Established Member
What are some peoples views or opinions on running a single pump like an A1000 for reliability? I see Glenns Performance recomends their fuel cooler for the single pump setups to make it supposedly 100% streetable.

Users who are viewing this thread