MMR 900 with centri blower predictions?

jimmeehboi

VNMIZED
Established Member
Alright guys I made this thread a long while back before winter hit. I had only originally planned on swapping the old 97' Cobra block for MMR's 900 block. Well that didn't go just as planned and I ended up dropping a lot more in it than I thought I was lol. but anyways here's the set up. I know 98saleencobra can help me out here! What do you guys think?

Vortech S trim with 3.25 pulley, 60lb injectors, 2400 SCT Mass Air, A1000 return fuel line set up and Glenns sumped fuel tank, Fluidyne radiator, IMRC delete, Anderson Powerpipe, FRPP 4.10 gear, Acufab Throttle Body, Hooker Long tube Headers, Magnaflow Shorty X, Borla Stinger cat back... I'm sure I'm missing a few things, but let me know what you guys think. Stock heads,cam,intake for now.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'm going to say right around 500rwhp.. And maybe 10-12psi. But let me get this straight you are running a MMR900 block right?? if so then I stand by my prediction.. :beer:

jimmeehboi

VNMIZED
Established Member
I'm going to say right around 500rwhp.. And maybe 10-12psi. But let me get this straight you are running a MMR900 block right?? if so then I stand by my prediction.. :beer:

Correct I am running the MMR900 with 9:5:1 compression. I want to make around 500-550

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
oh damn yea you'll be over 500rwhp for sure with that compression. You aren't running a form of cooling like a aftercooler or intercooler so you won't lose boost.. I would say actually more like 12-13psi with that pulley and no cooler. You will def be between 500-550 rwhp depending on timing.. I'm going to say 527rwhp lol.

jimmeehboi

VNMIZED
Established Member
oh damn yea you'll be over 500rwhp for sure with that compression. You aren't running a form of cooling like a aftercooler or intercooler so you won't lose boost.. I would say actually more like 12-13psi with that pulley and no cooler. You will def be between 500-550 rwhp depending on timing.. I'm going to say 527rwhp lol.

There you go already got me on forgetting a big part of the build lol.

CX racing A/A intercooler and Vortech mini race bov

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
IF you can get 15psi or so to the engine you will be at or above 550rwhp.. with the 3.25 pulley though you will be around 500..

jimmeehboi

VNMIZED
Established Member
550 is a lofty prediction, hope you reach it!

Yeah I'm hoping so. We'll see how it goes though i'll be happy anywhere around 480 and up, but hope for the better! lol

OH lol you'll lose boost there man.. You need to step it up to a 3.0'' pulley man..

I am currently on the 6 rip set up and have heard horror stories on belt slip and losing boost because of it that's the only reason I was running the 3.25. Can you run the 3.0 with no belt slip??

Silver03Termi

Established Member
i dont have an idea for H.P., but im going to guess that it'll definitely be faster than an 03/04 with a ported blower set up ;)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
6 rib pullies can work it just depends on the pulley combo you use.. If you get a 10-15% O/D crank pulley for more wrap and a bigger s/c pulley you'll be good.. I know a guy that used to be local to me in CA running 15psi on na 6 rib and making 570rwhp.. No slip at all. He is running a 10% O/D crank pulley.

jimmeehboi

VNMIZED
Established Member
IF you can get 15psi or so to the engine you will be at or above 550rwhp.. with the 3.25 pulley though you will be around 500..

Yeah the question is IF lol. I'm really hoping it all works out that well, but who knows.

are you doing e85?

Yes, but I'm going to get it tuned and running for a couple months and wait more towards summer to switch over.

i dont have an idea for H.P., but im going to guess that it'll definitely be faster than an 03/04 with a ported blower set up ;)

haha well now I'll need to beat 2 ported cobras. and a whippled/e85 one :banana:....LSX cars 1st though

6 rib pullies can work it just depends on the pulley combo you use.. If you get a 10-15% O/D crank pulley for more wrap and a bigger s/c pulley you'll be good.. I know a guy that used to be local to me in CA running 15psi on na 6 rib and making 570rwhp.. No slip at all. He is running a 10% O/D crank pulley.

Well I will have to give it a try then not going to hurt anything that's for sure. Glad to hear the news on that one. 8 rib set up will be coming soon, but as of right now can't spend the funds on it.

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
I have an MMR 1000SB 2V motor with an S trim at 13lbs i make 540rwhp. So you should do better with 4V heads

tistan

Established Member
Yeah I'm hoping so. We'll see how it goes though i'll be happy anywhere around 480 and up, but hope for the better! lol

I am currently on the 6 rip set up and have heard horror stories on belt slip and losing boost because of it that's the only reason I was running the 3.25. Can you run the 3.0 with no belt slip??

You can also get a larger crank pulley for more boost. There is a company that does some kind of a coating on you vortech pulley to give it more grip.

01yellercobra

Established Member

Sounds like my set up. I have a 3.9" blower pulley and a 12% crank pulley and hit 14psi a little under 6000rpm. I should know for sure what my boost is on the dyno tomorrow.

You can also get a larger crank pulley for more boost. There is a company that does some kind of a coating on you vortech pulley to give it more grip.

The company is called Carbinite Racing. I have a coated 3.4" pulley. I only used it about 200 miles since the belt shredded and no one had the length I needed in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread