MMR 5.0 Stroker Kit DONE!

alexdeluna21

Established Member
Alright so I have stock 98 cobra and I ordered an MMR 5.0 stroker kit with all the goodies.....upgraded head gaskets, ARP everything, Manley rods/pistons ...etc etc etc..... I put it in the shop about a month and half ago got it bored .20 over making it a 5.1.....so anyway, I had a couple of other mods done to it as well like MAC long tubes...MAC o/r h-pipe....Flowmasters... K&N hi flow Cone filter....MSD coil packs...MSD super conductor wires.... Deleted all my smog equipment....spec stage 3 clutch...mgw short shifter....FRPP 3.73's ....I think that about sums it all up....so needless to say the cars a beast! I haven't really gotten on it to much because my mechanic said I need to give it the proper break in period :/ but it definitely feels stout. I know I definitely gained some torque, how much horses do you all think I should be pumping out now? My plans are to boost it soon, which is the reason for the built motor.....

Last edited:

alexdeluna21

Established Member
man that would be sweeet! I was thinking 350, i ran a personal best of 13.86 in 3,500 elevation......I had a shitty 60ft......but the car is definitely torquey!

Noreast

Established Member
My car has LT,imrc deletes, only bored like .05 over lol and cai. Basic small bolt ons with a tune making around 303 wheels. Which i was told around 385 crank, not sure how accurate that is. Assuming thats right im sure your at your 400 mark already at the crank.
Good luck with the car, enjoy it!

Helomech74

Established Member
We're would be a good place to take my engine to get bored to a 5.0 or 5.3 I had a 01 cobra

You're not going to be able to bore a stock block that much to achieve those results. Your only option is to have your block sleeved or to buy a Big Bore Boss block to start.

Just for reference, the OP's engine is 5.0L as it sits (3.572 bore and a 3.75 stroke is about 301ci)

Users who are viewing this thread