MM Maximum Grip Box in a 93 Cobra?

Vib_93

Established Member
tunedin302 that is absolutely sweet! This looks a lot like the rear they did for Project Stolen goods in MM&FF. I want!!! I am planning on doing my car in stages. Last summer I added MM CC plates and Strut tower brace. Next up is going to be a set of MM Bilsteins or Koni's and springs I think. But first I gotta get better braking!

KC/COBRA

Fear The Cornholio
Established Member
I agree with this statement 100%. The single best performance mod I have ever done to my GT is a MM PHB. On the rear of my car I went with the following:

FMS M-5500 Upper control Arms M-5500
MM LCA 1.3 Lower Control Arms MMRLCA-1.3
MM Panhard Bar – Polished Rod MMPBA2
Bilstein HD shocks – Machined for Coilover BE5-6418-H0
Hypercoil Springs #175 HYP17511225
MM Coilover Kit COP-3

The difference in the ride was amazing and the install was not difficult, just time consuming. The most important part of installing the PHB is to ensure your measurements and placement of the chasis brace is correct. I measured about 5 different times and then drilled. Also, while I am very happy with the improved ride quality of the coilovers, I will likely increase my spring rate for some better handling.

Lastly, as to exhaust, keep an eye out for Bassani's release of the 93 Cobra cat-back that is made for use WITH the MM PHB!! The kit will hopefully be released this year.

Here's some quick shots of my finished product:

Driver-coil.jpg

FMS-upper.jpg

PassLCA.jpg

PHB1.jpg

PHB3.jpg

Coil-Pass2.jpg

Coil-Pass.jpg

I just had to resurrect this old thread. I'm thinking on doing this setup and I have to know how it turned out. How does it handle now? Is the ride real nice? Did it improve traction a lot? plz give us some input because it should be an awesome setup that could help a lot of us Fox guys on here. And if anyone else has a similar setup plz chime in.

Kurt

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
when i had sfc on my 91 lx, i lost a lot of flex. also put in MM LCA, never got around to a phb because I sold my 91 a few months after i bought the cobra. the cobra just has my old bilsteins and old h&r springs and lower k member support brace. the rear is really squirely and If i can't sell the car within a year. i'm going sfc, phb, lca, and coil overs all from MM. then i'll be the shit out of it and DD for a while.(in good weather.)

Users who are viewing this thread