mm firewall adjuster

nikoc

Established Member
Hey guy I just got done putting a a new clutch and transmission and I'm trying to adjust the clutch I tried adjusting it like the mm web site said but is not working the clutch pedal is harder to push and dose not engage until the pedal is all the way out and I'm not sure which way to turn it when I turn it counter clock wise it gets worse and when I turn it clock wise it only gets a little better and I have it all the way in. Got any advice? O and I tried to search for it first but could find anything on the mm clutch adjuster.

nikoc

Established Member
I have a mm clutch cable quadrant and fire wall adjuster. But now I'm thinking its something to do with the the pressure plate because the clutch slips like crazy I mean really bad. Just the smallest amount of gas pedal and it just goes so I'm thinking I got a faulty pressure plate. What do u guys think?

03' White Snake

Established Member
You might need to adjust it. Your clutch would slip if its not fully engaging. Did you install the spacer on the cable supplied with the mm quadrant?

Under the hood, how far can you pull the cable from the firewall? It should move like 1/8-1/4". Adjust the firewall adjuster so its like that and try again.

nikoc

Established Member
Not sure what spacer your talking about the car came with the quadrant when i got it but im guessing so because the car was fine before the new clutch. OK I'll give that a try and see what happens

Users who are viewing this thread