MM 6 point roll bar install Vert help

cnnrlck

Established Member
Does anyone have pics installing the MM 6 point roll bar in a vert? they expect you to bend the floor pan...is there any other way to do it such as bending the plate to match the floor pan, then bolting in? Also CAN YOU WELD THESE IN?
Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
I put one in my coupe... If your reffering to the floor pan just behind the driver/passenger seat, then YES, you must do this. You need to remove a portion of the seam sealer as well... The reason for doing this is so the top of the hoop doesnt hit the headliner.. In your case, its to ensure the main hoop doesn't hit the vert top.

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
IMAG0098.jpg

IMAG0099.jpg

cnnrlck

Established Member
The main hoop isnt a problem...its the 2 rear supports that mount differently on the convertible version of the cage. They expect you to bend the floorpan which would make it weaker, or it seems. But i could be wrong.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
you have any pics of the rest of your cage wicked? I would like to get a cage but have been thinking a custom cage would look alot better and fit better....

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
you have any pics of the rest of your cage wicked? I would like to get a cage but have been thinking a custom cage would look alot better and fit better....

Yes, ill get a few more pics up... I'm on my phone right now but ill post some when I get in to work... The mm cage fits flawlessly!!

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Hey Jon....did you change the 3/8" bolts that came with the kit to 1/2" Grade 8?? Rob (Orange Cobra) had troubles at our local track because of this!! He changed over to the 1/2" bolts... I believe that I'm putting in this bar over the winter!

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Hey Jon....did you change the 3/8" bolts that came with the kit to 1/2" Grade 8?? Rob (Orange Cobra) had troubles at our local track because of this!! He changed over to the 1/2" bolts... I believe that I'm putting in this bar over the winter!

As fast as you are getting, a roll bar would definitely be a good idea.
Did Rob get his SCT issues worked out?

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
The main bolts for the hoop and down bars? No, I didn't change a thing and knowone has questioned it at the tracks i've been to. Here are some more pics..

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

IMAG0107.jpg

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Yes, ill get a few more pics up... I'm on my phone right now but ill post some when I get in to work... The mm cage fits flawlessly!!

I'm interested but man I saw a MM cage installed at a local shop and it just didn't impress me. The spacing between the cage and the body was to much and it just didnt fit as well as a custom cage can. I like the stealth look where you damn near have to look in the car to see the cage. My car is a street car 80% of the time but I want the protection plus not get hasseled when I do go to the track. I'm going to Richmond this weekend and I bet if I run a half decent time there going to give me the boot :(

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Wicked do you ride around the street with the side bars out and put them in when you go to the track? I think its the side bars that I really dislike because the back portion doesnt look to bad from your pics

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Troy - Yes, I remove the door bars when I drive on the street... I don't have any pics with the door bars in but they fit really nice and are VERY easy to remove and re-install.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Troy - Yes, I remove the door bars when I drive on the street... I don't have any pics with the door bars in but they fit really nice and are VERY easy to remove and re-install.

Thanks alot, any tips to tell the shop/make sure they do when I get it welded in?

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Thanks alot, any tips to tell the shop/make sure they do when I get it welded in?

Not really... It was a pretty simple install for the most part. I really took my time aligning everything before I started drilling to make sure nothing would interfear... I think the extra time paying attention to detail really paid off becasue it looks perfect! Keep us posted on your install!!

Users who are viewing this thread